Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Styles

Default Shower pump

Hi,

My parents shower is like a a watering can, as it is gravity fed.and they
are in a bungalow.

As the shower room backs onto the air cupboard where the hot water tank it,
it seems like it will be very easy to fit a pump and beef it up a bit.

Looking in scre fix, they have two models that look like they might be
suitable, one is £80 and is 1.5 bar, the other is £140 and is 2.0 bar.

I dont have a feel for what an average shower is, so I am not sur whether to
recommend the 1.5 bar or 2.0 bar. Our house has a mains pressured hot water
system and has a lovely strong shower. If i know for instance that Main
pressure was say ~1.5 bar, i'd have some frame of reference.

Any suggestions?

I'm pretty competant at plumbing and so I'll be fitting it myself. Any
top-tops and gotchas appreciated though...

Cheers
Chris

Toilet off a shower pump [email protected] UK diy 1 March 3rd 05 08:39 PM
Adding shower pump without a separate cold feed Vaci UK diy 7 February 25th 05 06:51 PM
Shower Pump Questions Mary Hinge UK diy 6 September 7th 04 04:52 PM
Shower Pump Pipework Justin UK diy 1 February 16th 04 11:21 PM
Shower Pump start as a result of other taps Gary Holt UK diy 3 September 29th 03 10:39 PM