Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Cillit Bang

is good for cleaning ovens. ;-)

Turn on the oven for five minutes to melt excess fat.
Dry excess fat out of the oven with paper kitchen towel.
Then spray on Cillit Bang and wipe off, repeat Cillit Bang and wipe.

Mind you I shouldn't be doing this meself. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
R obbo

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
is good for cleaning ovens. ;-)

Turn on the oven for five minutes to melt excess fat.
Dry excess fat out of the oven with paper kitchen towel.
Then spray on Cillit Bang and wipe off, repeat Cillit Bang and wipe.

Mind you I shouldn't be doing this meself. ;-)

Probably *THE* most annoying irritating advert on the TV.
That wan**r "Barry" shouting his gob off....Puts me right off the product

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

R obbo wrote:
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
is good for cleaning ovens. ;-)

Turn on the oven for five minutes to melt excess fat.
Dry excess fat out of the oven with paper kitchen towel.
Then spray on Cillit Bang and wipe off, repeat Cillit Bang and wipe.

Mind you I shouldn't be doing this meself. ;-)

Probably *THE* most annoying irritating advert on the TV.
That wan**r "Barry" shouting his gob off....Puts me right off the
product

Thats why he was positioned for the Ad. ;-)

At first I was a bit dubious about the product in the way the woman sprays
it on the sink and then wipes it off...however if you watch closely the
towel hits the sink before the product and lo&behold the sink is clean
before its made contact with the product. :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
R obbo

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
k...
R obbo wrote:
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
is good for cleaning ovens. ;-)

Turn on the oven for five minutes to melt excess fat.
Dry excess fat out of the oven with paper kitchen towel.
Then spray on Cillit Bang and wipe off, repeat Cillit Bang and wipe.

Mind you I shouldn't be doing this meself. ;-)

Probably *THE* most annoying irritating advert on the TV.
That wan**r "Barry" shouting his gob off....Puts me right off the
product

Thats why he was positioned for the Ad. ;-)

At first I was a bit dubious about the product in the way the woman sprays
it on the sink and then wipes it off...however if you watch closely the
towel hits the sink before the product and lo&behold the sink is clean
before its made contact with the product. :-)

Well if you are that good at ovens you can do ours ;-)

As for "Barry" and the dumb bitch posing in the ad it's all a con anyway as
the original ad used a Dime instead of a penny!

The product also removes the lettering on plastic dials too.....handy for
playing "Guess the Setting" on the Dishwasher

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

R obbo wrote:

The product also removes the lettering on plastic dials too.....handy
for playing "Guess the Setting" on the Dishwasher

pmsl, its for metal work,concrete, not plastic as it contains an acidy
formula.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
R obbo

R obbo wrote:

The product also removes the lettering on plastic dials too.....handy
for playing "Guess the Setting" on the Dishwasher

pmsl, its for metal work,concrete, not plastic as it contains an acidy
formula.

It didn't say that on the packaging in large enough letters for SWMBO to
see....cost me £15 for a knob!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Gregory

R obbo wrote:

The product also removes the lettering on plastic dials too.....handy
for playing "Guess the Setting" on the Dishwasher

pmsl, its for metal work,concrete, not plastic as it contains an acidy
formula.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

But where on Earth did this silly name come from? Sounds slightly
Turko-Indonesian!
Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , R obbo
writes

R obbo wrote:

The product also removes the lettering on plastic dials too.....handy
for playing "Guess the Setting" on the Dishwasher

pmsl, its for metal work,concrete, not plastic as it contains an acidy
formula.

It didn't say that on the packaging in large enough letters for SWMBO to
see....cost me £15 for a knob!

Sounds cheap to me ...

Not that I'd know

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Jim Gregory
writes
R obbo wrote:

The product also removes the lettering on plastic dials too.....handy
for playing "Guess the Setting" on the Dishwasher

pmsl, its for metal work,concrete, not plastic as it contains an acidy
formula.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

But where on Earth did this silly name come from? Sounds slightly
Turko-Indonesian!

Turko-Indonesian, how so ?

Bang Bang, maybe

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
david lang

R obbo wrote:
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
Then spray on Cillit Bang and wipe off, repeat Cillit Bang and wipe.

Which Cillit Bang would we be talking about here? They do 2 versions.
Universal Degreaser and Lime & Grime.

The degreaser is a good product, really does work well. The lime & grime is
acid based and not bad either.

Probably *THE* most annoying irritating advert on the TV.
That wan**r "Barry" shouting his gob off....Puts me right off the
product

Agreed. The way he wallks on and says "Hello Barry Scott here" as though we
have all heard of him before!

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C

david lang wrote:
R obbo wrote:
Probably *THE* most annoying irritating advert on the TV.
That wan**r "Barry" shouting his gob off....Puts me right off the
product

Agreed. The way he wallks on and says "Hello Barry Scott here" as though we
have all heard of him before!

Good point to stop for a cillit bang remix...
http://www.luckykazoo.com/media/2005/03/cillit-bang-remix.html

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember "R obbo"
saying something like:

cost me £15 for a knob!

Price has gone down, then.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

cost me £15 for a knob!

Price has gone down, then.

Who is Price?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

Weatherlawyer wrote:

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

cost me £15 for a knob!

Price has gone down, then.

Who is Price?

Priceless :-)

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y
nrh

In ,
Owain scribed:
Weatherlawyer wrote:
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
cost me £15 for a knob!
Price has gone down, then.

Who is Price?

I have no idea, but if he goes down for £15 I imagine he'll be very
popular around Piccadilly Circus.

Sounds like an educated guess, then? ;-)

N.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
sPoNiX

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:54:01 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

pmsl, its for metal work,concrete, not plastic as it contains an acidy
formula.

It comes in a plastic bottle, tho!

sponix
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

wrote:

pmsl, its for metal work,concrete, not plastic as it contains an
acidy formula.

It comes in a plastic bottle, tho!

sponix

I thought it was...
polypropylene

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Owain
saying something like:

Weatherlawyer wrote:
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
cost me £15 for a knob!
Price has gone down, then.

Who is Price?

I have no idea, but if he goes down for £15 I imagine he'll be very
popular around Piccadilly Circus.

Popular with the LibDems, istr.
--

Dave

Cillit Bang s--p--o--n--i--x UK diy 16 July 27th 05 10:34 AM
OT cillit bang crystals vacuum creation mike ring UK diy 11 June 14th 05 07:11 PM
Cillit Bang - is it as good as it seems from the adverts? Homer2911 UK diy 134 June 2nd 05 10:30 AM
Water heater / pipe bang Jerry Schwartz Home Repair 3 March 23rd 05 12:06 AM
Deck Screws Eldon Armstrong Home Repair 15 February 3rd 05 04:34 PM