Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default any canvas sheets buyable in london?!

I know this is as lame a DIY question as you can get..
but I want to make a punchbag. I've been advised to staple canvas
sheets together and fill them with sand. Apparently this is softer on
the bare hands than a regular punchbag , and good for strengthening the
hands.

Problem is.
Where can I buy canvas sheets?!

I'm in london

thanks!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Rather expensive that last site.

Heavy duty canvas sheet and you can double the thickness.
http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/Pl...eets_and_Floor
_Protection/--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Rather expensive that last site.

Heavy duty canvas sheet and you can double the thickness.
http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/Pl...eets_and_Floor
_Protection/--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

thanks, I will follow that one up

Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 00:07:49 GMT, raden wrote:

In message .com,
writes
I know this is as lame a DIY question as you can get..
but I want to make a punchbag. I've been advised to staple canvas
sheets together and fill them with sand. Apparently this is softer on
the bare hands than a regular punchbag , and good for strengthening the
hands.

Problem is.
Where can I buy canvas sheets?!

I really wouldn't bother - it'll last maybe half an hour using your
construction method (unless you want to just hit it with a feather)

Just go and buy a cheap (£30 ) one from Argos

A mate gave me one of the 24" popular brand ones recently for my
daughter and her Tai Quan Do and I was interested to see what it was
full of.

Disposable nappies (new)!

When packed down these things felt pretty solid and I would imagine
had it been filled with sand:

1) I wouldn't have been able to lift it (as easily as the nappies).

2) You may as well been puching a building block (but that may be what
you need for building bone / whatever)?

If you go the sand route there are often quite a few 'professionally'
made bags available on ebay (cheap if you can collect) and a small one
filled with sand may be a better d-i-y solution than starting from
scratch?

All the best ..

T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article .com
wrote:
I know this is as lame a DIY question as you can get..
but I want to make a punchbag. I've been advised to staple canvas
sheets together and fill them with sand. Apparently this is softer on
the bare hands than a regular punchbag , and good for strengthening the
hands.

Army kit bags used to be a popular solution for this- you can pick them
up on eBay but a surplus store might be a better bet.

London being bombed Stormin Mormon Home Repair 737 July 23rd 05 04:25 PM
Heading to London first of June Steve Koschmann Metalworking 12 May 16th 05 02:05 AM
**** Thames Valley or London Group meet on March 17th ***** Andy Hall UK diy 29 March 8th 04 03:36 PM
Old MSDS Sheets related to Manganese in Welding Rods MMonheit Metalworking 22 February 3rd 04 11:38 PM
Tonight's Property Ladder, Channel 4 Mike Mitchell UK diy 381 January 12th 04 12:45 PM