Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacement central heating programmer

Our old Landis & Gyr programmer is audibly creaking and, as I'm ordering
from Screwfix, I might as well replace it.

They have a Horstmann C27 (code 11225) at £26.49 and a Danfoss FP715
(63760) at £35.99.

Anyone got any views on which might be better? It would be used in
conjunction with a motorised valve on the DHW and an Eberle programmable
room thermostat which were installed some time ago.

TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

They have a Horstmann C27 (code 11225) at £26.49 and a Danfoss FP715
(63760) at £35.99.

Anyone got any views on which might be better? It would be used in
conjunction with a motorised valve on the DHW and an Eberle programmable
room thermostat which were installed some time ago.

Assuming you have a modern Part L insulated cylinder, replace it with this:

At 1.65, it is much cheaper than the Danfoss.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/01/2006 15:32 Christian McArdle wrote:

At 1.65, it is much cheaper than the Danfoss.

It certainly is! I assume it's an invitation to turn the dhw on and
leave it on?

We do, though, enjoy the mild warming before we get up on a morning when
the bedroom radiators are gravity fed as the dhw is heated...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Summers

F wrote:
Our old Landis & Gyr programmer is audibly creaking and, as I'm ordering
from Screwfix, I might as well replace it.

They have a Horstmann C27 (code 11225) at ?26.49 and a Danfoss FP715
(63760) at ?35.99.

Anyone got any views on which might be better? It would be used in
conjunction with a motorised valve on the DHW and an Eberle programmable
room thermostat which were installed some time ago.

All I can say is that I can whole-heartedly recommend the Horstmann.
Easy to program, some very useful features, including a holiday mode and a 1
or 2 hour boost button for those times when you need the heating/ho****er
topping up.

Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare

"F" wrote in message
Our old Landis & Gyr programmer is audibly creaking and, as I'm ordering
from Screwfix, I might as well replace it.

Have you considered a Danfoss TP9. This is particularly suitable if you do not
have a fully pumped system.

Have you looked at the Honeywell CM67 programmable thermostats?

--

Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/01/2006 19:01 Michael Chare wrote:

Have you considered a Danfoss TP9. This is particularly suitable if you do not
have a fully pumped system.

Thanks for the interest. I went with the Horstmann as I need my order
delivered tomorrow.

Have you looked at the Honeywell CM67 programmable thermostats?

Already got an Eberle fitted so that's covered.