Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Summers

Default Replacement central heating programmer

F wrote:
Our old Landis & Gyr programmer is audibly creaking and, as I'm ordering
from Screwfix, I might as well replace it.

They have a Horstmann C27 (code 11225) at ?26.49 and a Danfoss FP715
(63760) at ?35.99.

Anyone got any views on which might be better? It would be used in
conjunction with a motorised valve on the DHW and an Eberle programmable
room thermostat which were installed some time ago.

All I can say is that I can whole-heartedly recommend the Horstmann.
Easy to program, some very useful features, including a holiday mode and a 1
or 2 hour boost button for those times when you need the heating/ho****er
topping up.

Rob