Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Is there no respect

I had the loft reinsulated yesterday(cant diy it meself due to health).
this morning I gets a bath, gets out the bath grabs the large(brand
spanking new),towel hanging behind the door and finds three decent size
blood stains on it.

One of loft Insulators must have cut themselves and used the sodden towel
instead of the toilet rolls.

Grrrrrr!

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
One of loft Insulators must have cut themselves and used the sodden towel

If it's sodden, one should speak to the staff.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In a word............... NO

Just maximize profit and ***k the customer.

That is the business acumen of today.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kav

Take the towel to the offices and ask them what they are going to do
about it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
sPoNiX

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:31:43 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

One of loft Insulators must have cut themselves and used the sodden towel
instead of the toilet rolls.

Grrrrrr!

Phew! At least you didn't catch me p1ssing in tour sink.

Errrr...did I say that out loud? Ooops!

sponix

Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar

wrote:

One of loft Insulators must have cut themselves and used the sodden towel
instead of the toilet rolls.

Grrrrrr!

Phew! At least you didn't catch me p1ssing in tour sink.

They were working in the loft. There is usually a much more convenient water
receptacle up there.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley

wrote:

One of loft Insulators must have cut themselves and used the sodden towel
instead of the toilet rolls.

Probably because the toilet roll was already up in the loft.

Why do loft insulators do that ? And why do they hide the turd under
the insulation ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

wrote:

One of loft Insulators must have cut themselves and used the sodden towel
instead of the toilet rolls.

Probably because the toilet roll was already up in the loft.

Why do loft insulators do that ? And why do they hide the turd under
the insulation ?

Now that's just evil. Funny though :-)

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

wrote:

One of loft Insulators must have cut themselves and used the sodden
towel instead of the toilet rolls.

Probably because the toilet roll was already up in the loft.

Why do loft insulators do that ? And why do they hide the turd under
the insulation ?

Now that's just evil. Funny though :-)

Unsociable I call it.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Dingley
saying something like:

wrote:

One of loft Insulators must have cut themselves and used the sodden towel
instead of the toilet rolls.

Probably because the toilet roll was already up in the loft.

Why do loft insulators do that ?

Maybe they're talentless ****wits who couldn't get a job filling
burgers.

And why do they hide the turd under the insulation ?

Housetraining. Even pigs are tidy.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 18:01:22 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

Now that's just evil. Funny though :-)

Not if it's your loft!

I've found loft turds in two different houses. AIUI, this isn't uncommon
either. And they're too big for squirrel!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Andy Hall wrote:

Why do loft insulators do that ? And why do they hide the turd under
the insulation ?

Now that's just evil. Funny though :-)

Just think, it will probably still be warm ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:33:22 +0000, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 18:01:22 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

Now that's just evil. Funny though :-)

Not if it's your loft!

I've found loft turds in two different houses. AIUI, this isn't uncommon
either. And they're too big for squirrel!

What's the insulation value of a turd?
Would it be to my advantage to replace my old glass wool with new
turds?
And what is the group recommended way of fixing them between the
joists?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:48:10 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

Why do loft insulators do that ? And why do they hide the turd under
the insulation ?

Now that's just evil. Funny though :-)

Just think, it will probably still be warm ;-)

This is going to be a real problem in superinsulated houses. How
will they be found then?

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , EricP
writes
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 18:01:22 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

Now that's just evil. Funny though :-)

Not if it's your loft!

I've found loft turds in two different houses. AIUI, this isn't uncommon
either. And they're too big for squirrel!

What's the insulation value of a turd?
Would it be to my advantage to replace my old glass wool with new
turds?

Nah, they're crap

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Gregory

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
three decent sized blood stains on it.

One of loft Insulators must have cut himself and used the sodden towel
instead of the toilet rolls.

Grrrrrr!

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

If brand-spanking new, how come ur towel was sodden? They should have asked
u first if they may visit the bathroom. Only one wounded culprit, I'll
warrant.
After all, they were only supposed to be in the loft via its hatch and
ladder (whose?) and using
linking passageways from outside door. (During their worktime, you may have
given them
carte blanche to visit the WC.)
If usage not sanctioned, you ought to demand replacement or compensation
from their foreman or manager...or did you appoint the insulation gang
yourself?
Er, where do you stand contents insurance-wise, all risks? Or alternatively,
will the liability be honoured by the workers' general insurance policy?

BTW, when were you knighted? Did those workers know you are "titled"?
Plain Jim (I don't use Mister, never ever seen it included on a tombstone.)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Jim Gregory wrote:
[...]

Maybe its because I told them to leave the tool box in the hallway.
Why would a loft insulator/s bring in a tool box, beats me?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:26:13 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon
wrote:

Why do loft insulators do that ?

Maybe they're talentless ****wits who couldn't get a job filling
burgers.

They **** under my loft insulation. Would I really want them filling
burgers?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
I had the loft reinsulated yesterday(cant diy it meself due to health).
this morning I gets a bath, gets out the bath grabs the large(brand
spanking new),towel hanging behind the door and finds three decent size
blood stains on it.

But you recently pronounced on how a washing machine should have its waste
plumbed in (wrongly) so obviously can squirrel around under a work surface?

Perhaps you need some better retainers? Or even a new truss?

--
*Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
I had the loft reinsulated yesterday(cant diy it meself due to
health). this morning I gets a bath, gets out the bath grabs the
large(brand spanking new),towel hanging behind the door and finds
three decent size blood stains on it.

But you recently pronounced on how a washing machine should have its
waste plumbed in (wrongly) so obviously can squirrel around under a
work surface?

Never heard of Bronchitis? pedants tsk!

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Helen Deborah Vecht

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" typed

I had the loft reinsulated yesterday(cant diy it meself due to health).
this morning I gets a bath, gets out the bath grabs the large(brand
spanking new),towel hanging behind the door and finds three decent size
blood stains on it.

One of loft Insulators must have cut themselves and used the sodden towel
instead of the toilet rolls.

Grrrrrr!

I had cavity wall insulation installed on Wednesday 18 January.

Contractors damaged exterior telephone cables so few of my phones
worked. My Broadband was scuppered too.

My partner spent all of yesterday getting that put right.

Grrr...................

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

One of loft Insulators must have cut themselves and used the sodden towel
instead of the toilet rolls.

Probably because the toilet roll was already up in the loft.

Why do loft insulators do that ? And why do they hide the turd under
the insulation ?

Because you would be upset if they left it where you could see it.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 18:01:22 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

Now that's just evil. Funny though :-)

Not if it's your loft!

I've found loft turds in two different houses. AIUI, this isn't uncommon
either. And they're too big for squirrel!

What's the insulation value of a turd?
Would it be to my advantage to replace my old glass wool with new
turds?
And what is the group recommended way of fixing them between the
joists?

A decent curry and you can spray it on. You can even do the inside of
the roof this way, a bit like the foam stuff you can spray on. After
all, nothing sticks like s**t!

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:31:43 GMT, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

... grabs the large(brand spanking new),towel hanging behind the
door and finds three decent size blood stains on it.

One of loft Insulators must have cut themselves and used the sodden
towel instead of the toilet rolls.

I hope you did not come into contact with that blood dried or not. I'd
be very wary of coming into contact with anothers body fluids. You can
very easily catch some nasty diseases that way.

Report it to the company, in writing, cc'd to the MD. Telling them
that you are going to deduct the cost of new towel from their bill.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:19:08 GMT, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Why would a loft insulator/s bring in a tool box, beats me?

Somewhere for small articles fall. You must know how things
spontaneously fall across, or even between rooms, into tool boxes.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
I had the loft reinsulated yesterday(cant diy it meself due to health).
this morning I gets a bath, gets out the bath grabs the large(brand
spanking new),towel hanging behind the door and finds three decent size
blood stains on it.

One of loft Insulators must have cut themselves and used the sodden towel
instead of the toilet rolls.

Grrrrrr!

Just be thankful you're not being sued for leaving a dangerous object for
the workmen to cut themselves on. I'd wash the evidence straight away!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Fred wrote:
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
I had the loft reinsulated yesterday(cant diy it meself due to
health). this morning I gets a bath, gets out the bath grabs the
large(brand spanking new),towel hanging behind the door and finds
three decent size blood stains on it.

One of loft Insulators must have cut themselves and used the sodden
towel instead of the toilet rolls.

Grrrrrr!

Just be thankful you're not being sued for leaving a dangerous object
for the workmen to cut themselves on. I'd wash the evidence straight
away!

I see, nothing to do with them carring a stanley knife in a rather large
tool box?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Owain wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Report it to the company, in writing, cc'd to the MD. Telling them
that you are going to deduct the cost of new towel from their bill.

And look very carefully around the house for other bloodstains first;
the OP might get a new hall or bathroom carpet out of it.

Owain

I thought about that alas none stained which I find a bit odd, wonder if I
can sue for new loft insulation. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Helen Deborah Vecht

Cordless Crazy typed

I had cavity wall insulation installed on Wednesday 18 January.

Contractors damaged exterior telephone cables so few of my phones
worked. My Broadband was scuppered too.

My partner spent all of yesterday getting that put right.

Grrr...................

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Yet again more incompetent f**kwits!!

Seems to be alot around these days!

My thoughts precisely.

Their parting comment that 'it didn't matter as it was only the phone
extensions' really wound up my partner as the damaged cable was attached
to the wall some 20 feet above the ground...

--
Helen D. Vecht:

Edgware.