Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes

Default Bulb Search

Did post this previously but no luck so far.

... after taking the XMAS lights down, check them all to find that a load of
bulbs need changing, most of the push in type I have spares for, but also
have 2 very long sets of lights that use -
..... L103C 3V 0.11A 330mW E10 screw in bulbs.

I have tried Maplin, CPC, TLC etc. ..... even a bit of googling, all with
no luck .... anybody know where I can source these bulbs ... happy to buy 20
or 30 of them at a time ?

B&Q will sell them mail order but only in packs of 3 ... and this works out
very expensive.

Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC

Replacing bulbs in xmas lights is always more expensive than buying a new
set of lights

I normally buy 2 or more sets of the same type and then retire one of the
sets when I run out of spare bulbs
I can then use the remaining ones from one set as replacements in the others
for several years
With very cheap single sets I just throw them as the bulbs fittings are
usually not available 12 months on

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message
Did post this previously but no luck so far.

.. after taking the XMAS lights down, check them all to find that a load
of bulbs need changing, most of the push in type I have spares for, but
also have 2 very long sets of lights that use -
.... L103C 3V 0.11A 330mW E10 screw in bulbs.

I have tried Maplin, CPC, TLC etc. ..... even a bit of googling, all
with no luck .... anybody know where I can source these bulbs ... happy to
buy 20 or 30 of them at a time ?

B&Q will sell them mail order but only in packs of 3 ... and this works
out very expensive.

Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y
john

"TMC" wrote in message
Replacing bulbs in xmas lights is always more expensive than buying a new
set of lights

I normally buy 2 or more sets of the same type and then retire one of the
sets when I run out of spare bulbs
I can then use the remaining ones from one set as replacements in the
others for several years
With very cheap single sets I just throw them as the bulbs fittings are
usually not available 12 months on

Rick

I wonder why the makers go to the trouble of tooling up to make a
'different' type of bulb. You would think they would have rationalised by
now.

Incidentally - and this may come as a surprise.......... Xmas Lights are not
mandatory.

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The OP wrote..

Cant find xmas tree light bulbs.

Noma who make most of these do sell direct - but at a price!

You should be able to find their web site with a google search.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:32:25 +0000 (UTC), "Rick Hughes"
wrote:

Did post this previously but no luck so far.

.. after taking the XMAS lights down, check them all to find that a load of
bulbs need changing, most of the push in type I have spares for, but also
have 2 very long sets of lights that use -
.... L103C 3V 0.11A 330mW E10 screw in bulbs.

Hi,

How looong? What colours do you need? Are they running in series off
the mains?

cheers,
Pete.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling

john wrote:

"TMC" wrote in message
Replacing bulbs in xmas lights is always more expensive than buying a new
set of lights

I normally buy 2 or more sets of the same type and then retire one of the
sets when I run out of spare bulbs
I can then use the remaining ones from one set as replacements in the
others for several years
With very cheap single sets I just throw them as the bulbs fittings are
usually not available 12 months on

I wonder why the makers go to the trouble of tooling up to make a
'different' type of bulb. You would think they would have rationalised by
now.

Most of the 'different' types of bulbs are really slightly different
holders for standardish bulbs.

If you go to any lamp maker with an order for a hundred million bulbs,
the cost of any slight variation you might like for other reasons
is very slight, maybe a few thousand pounds at most to reset the
machinery.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes

wrote:

Did post this previously but no luck so far.

.. after taking the XMAS lights down, check them all to find that a load
of
bulbs need changing, most of the push in type I have spares for, but
also
have 2 very long sets of lights that use -
.... L103C 3V 0.11A 330mW E10 screw in bulbs.

Hi,

How looong? What colours do you need? Are they running in series off
the mains?

cheers,
Pete.

All I am after is clear round E10 bulbs ... 3V 0.11 A
Would be happy to buy 20 or even 30 of them.
I tried the contact in other pots (Noma) no luck.

Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 12:31:40 +0000 (UTC), "Rick Hughes"
wrote:

All I am after is clear round E10 bulbs ... 3V 0.11 A
Would be happy to buy 20 or even 30 of them.
I tried the contact in other pots (Noma) no luck.

Hi,

Looks like 0.11A are not made anymore, I'd replace the lot with 3.5V
0.3A:

http://www.rapidelectronics.co.uk/rkmain.asp?PAGEID=80010&CTL_CAT_CODE=&STK_PROD_COD E=M61976&XPAGENO=1

Running them at a slight undervoltage and the thicker filament will
make them a lot less prone to blowing than 0.11A ones.

How many are there in total, 100, 500?

cheers,
Pete.

Choosing a HOT WATER RECIRCULATOR for QUICK HOT WATER DELIVERY or for HOT WATER ON D'MAND is now a whole lot easier. [email protected] Home Repair 22 June 7th 06 01:09 AM
Bulb search Rick Hughes UK diy 2 January 9th 06 07:01 PM
ATA Cases Bruce Barnett Woodworking 5 September 2nd 05 05:32 AM
OT - light bulb JohnM Metalworking 0 August 24th 05 07:33 PM
Change a light bulb Usenet Style Stormin Mormon Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 11:03 AM