Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes

Default Bulb search

Usual thing ... after taking the XMAS lights down, check them all to find
that a load of bulbs need changing, most of the push in type I have spares
for, but also have 2 very long sets of lights that use - quote form B&Q box
..... L103C 3V 0.11A 3330mW E10 screw in bulbs.

I have tried Maplin, CPC, TLC etc. ..... even a bit of googling, all with
no luck .... anybody know where I can source these bulbs ... happy to buy 20
or 30 of them at a time ?

B&Q will sell them but only in packs of 3 ... and this works out very
expensive.

Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumpy owd man

Ah! the good old Xmas tree bulb scam!! Not a lot of use to you now,
but, having been caught out [almost] once...here is the trick.
When you replace the complete set buy 2 sets and use 1; result, full
set of running spares . This has kept our set going for 6 years at
minimal cost, plus we have a spare transformer to boot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nigel Molesworth

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 18:14:05 +0000 (UTC), Rick Hughes wrote:

happy to buy 20 or 30 of them at a time ?

Do that then, all wired together. Much cheaper.

Last time I bought lights I bought two sets, one to use as spares.

--
Nigel M

Choosing a HOT WATER RECIRCULATOR for QUICK HOT WATER DELIVERY or for HOT WATER ON D'MAND is now a whole lot easier. [email protected] Home Repair 22 June 7th 06 01:09 AM
Funny:How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb? Paul UK diy 3 December 21st 05 11:05 AM
ATA Cases Bruce Barnett Woodworking 5 September 2nd 05 05:32 AM
Change a light bulb Usenet Style Stormin Mormon Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 11:03 AM
Changing a light bulb jay UK diy 11 October 18th 03 08:28 PM