Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default £12 for a grinder

and the motor is exceptionally quite, that's got to be a bargain.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

and the motor is exceptionally quite, that's got to be a bargain.

Wow. I've never paid that much for a 115mm grinder! I think I paid 6 quid
for mine.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Christian McArdle wrote:
and the motor is exceptionally quite, that's got to be a bargain.

Wow. I've never paid that much for a 115mm grinder! I think I paid 6
quid for mine.

Christian.

oops! I mean a double bench grinder.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

oops! I mean a double bench grinder.

Ah yes. You probably have the same model as mine. Same price and very quiet.
At least until you stick a chisel on it, anyway!

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
oops! I mean a double bench grinder.

You've been looking at Aldi or Lidl, haven't you! What
about the extra grinding wheels available (I assume)?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
and the motor is exceptionally quite, that's got to be a bargain.

Wow. I've never paid that much for a 115mm grinder! I think I paid 6
quid for mine.

Christian.

oops! I mean a double bench grinder.

Some of the cheaper ones just don't have enough power - you can stall them
when grinding large lumps. ;-)

--
*Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, my dear Watson" *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Chris Bacon wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
oops! I mean a double bench grinder.

You've been looking at Aldi or Lidl, haven't you! What
about the extra grinding wheels available (I assume)?

Looking no, buying yes, I didna go for the extra wheels as 2 is enough. :-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
and the motor is exceptionally quite, that's got to be a bargain.

Wow. I've never paid that much for a 115mm grinder! I think I paid 6
quid for mine.

Christian.

oops! I mean a double bench grinder.

Some of the cheaper ones just don't have enough power - you can stall
them when grinding large lumps. ;-)

How big is a large lump? ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
and the motor is exceptionally quite, that's got to be a bargain.

Wow. I've never paid that much for a 115mm grinder! I think I paid 6
quid for mine.

Christian.

oops! I mean a double bench grinder.

Some of the cheaper ones just don't have enough power - you can stall
them when grinding large lumps. ;-)

Hmmm! I've just had a thought, looking at the fixing of the wheels I could
make this into bench grinder on one side and a lathe(spindle moulder), on
the tother side.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Some of the cheaper ones just don't have enough power - you can stall them
when grinding large lumps. ;-)

Yes, I found this with my first one (a £15 Clarke). I replaced it with a
Rexon, which has a much bigger motor. Much nicer to use.

--
Grunff