Member

Location: Birmingham
Default Where can I get a replacement t handle?

I have a steel access door to the garage (not the up & over door) which on the inside has a "T" handle that turns when unlocked from the outside & simply engages on the edge of the frame. Both parts of the "T" have broken off as the door has slammed shut in the locked position. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I have looked at garage door places on the internet & not seen anything like it. It has a square hole in the middle & simply slides onto the square bar bit, held in place with a captive washer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin

--
Pufter

Try these people. http://www.garage-door-spares.co.uk/garador.htm

Thre are others too if you google for the brand & spares

Bob

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:00:20 +0000, Pufter wrote:

I have a steel access door to the garage (not the up & over door) which
on the inside has a "T" handle that turns when unlocked from the
outside & simply engages on the edge of the frame. Both parts of the
"T" have broken off as the door has slammed shut in the locked
position. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I have looked
at garage door places on the internet & not seen anything like it. It
has a square hole in the middle & simply slides onto the square bar
bit, held in place with a captive washer.

Screwfix do one IIRC - not sure if it'll fit yours but you can send it
back if it doesn't

wooden tool handle finishing AArDvarK Woodworking 6 August 12th 04 01:15 PM
Metal Door & Handle BigWallop UK diy 1 June 15th 04 08:00 AM
AC replacement part and or power strip Jeff Home Repair 11 May 14th 04 11:56 PM
Nails Approved as Handle Ties Peter H. Metalworking 5 January 20th 04 02:16 AM
[Fwd: Chimney cap replacement questions] RB Home Repair 0 December 26th 03 07:13 PM