Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonni

Default An extension (pun intended) to this group..........

A regular of many years, mostly lurker and occasionally received some
great advice in here, I just wanted to run something by the masses to
see what you all think.

There is without doubt and enormous amount of useful DIY information
both within the group and on the accompanying FAQ website but I for one
am great fan of being 'shown' how to do something as well as having it
explained.

Has the group ever considered or discussed the possibility of
introducing short video clips to cover some of the FAQ material?. I
think this would be an invaluable addition to what is already and
excellent source of information. In keeping with the community aspect,
anyone could contribute to site and most importantly everything would be
free!

Some examples of a short vid clip could be:
1) Adding extra sockets
2) Mixing plaster correctly
3) Installing down lighters

One problem I foresee is that perhaps all videos may not be considered
as demonstrating 'best practice' - so a peer review\feedback system
could be introduced so that other could grade the accuracy of the info
in the video

Looking for constructive debate on this - thoughts?.....

John

Unisaw/Biesemeyer 50" Extension Table Question Electric Stu Woodworking 6 March 14th 05 07:07 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Building an Extension katogrove UK diy 1 November 11th 04 10:48 PM
Nice write up about LEDs Gunner Metalworking 242 June 13th 04 04:10 PM
An open request to all group members (In advance, we admit that this post could be considered commercial in nature) Chris Sypolt Metalworking 1 August 30th 03 02:12 PM