katogrove

Default Building an Extension

We are thinking of purchasing a detached bungalow, but I have noticed that
the house next door have built an extension on to their kitchen that goes
right up to the boundary line that divides the two properties. If I put a
fence up along the boundary (which is clearly visible), it would mean that I
would have to step around this extension by about 12 inches to miss the
extension. Or use the extension as part of the fence.
My question is:- Surely this cannot be right can it? The extension has a
window size of appx 4ft x 6ft clear glass facing a wall of about 1 metre
away which is the bungalow that we want to buy. Please help.

---

logized

"katogrove" wrote in message
We are thinking of purchasing a detached bungalow, but I have noticed that
the house next door have built an extension on to their kitchen that goes
right up to the boundary line that divides the two properties. If I put a
fence up along the boundary (which is clearly visible), it would mean that
would have to step around this extension by about 12 inches to miss the
extension. Or use the extension as part of the fence.
My question is:- Surely this cannot be right can it? The extension has a
window size of appx 4ft x 6ft clear glass facing a wall of about 1 metre
away which is the bungalow that we want to buy. Please help.

As the next door extension is not to your liking, then perhaps you should
re-consider buying the property - You can't expect the neighbours to
demolish it?

Dave