Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul

Default Boiler Supply problem

I am having a new combi boiler fitted in my new kitchen the problem I
have is the boiler is being fitted on thursday and the new electrics are
being finished next week. So am I allowed to run the boiler from an
extension lead until the new wiring is in?

Paul

It shouldn't have happened but the sparky has lost the plot over part p
and doesn't know if he can do the required work as I have layed the
cable. (aaaarrrhhh stupid regs)
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Paul wrote:
I am having a new combi boiler fitted in my new kitchen the problem I
have is the boiler is being fitted on thursday and the new electrics are
being finished next week. So am I allowed to run the boiler from an
extension lead until the new wiring is in?

I'd say yes. The nonsense over Part Pee is that it only includes permanent
installations - any extension lead bodges are not covered. ;-)

--
*When it rains, why don't sheep shrink? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
tarquinlinbin

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:45:06 +0000, Paul wrote:

I am having a new combi boiler fitted in my new kitchen the problem I
have is the boiler is being fitted on thursday and the new electrics are
being finished next week. So am I allowed to run the boiler from an
extension lead until the new wiring is in?

Paul

It shouldn't have happened but the sparky has lost the plot over part p
and doesn't know if he can do the required work as I have layed the
cable. (aaaarrrhhh stupid regs)

I used to do this all the time when fitting heating. Stick a plug n
lead on the combi to get it going beofre i had done the fixed wiring.

http://www.no2id.org/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:45:06 +0000, Paul wrote:

I am having a new combi boiler fitted in my new kitchen the problem I
have is the boiler is being fitted on thursday and the new electrics are
being finished next week. So am I allowed to run the boiler from an
extension lead until the new wiring is in?

Paul

It shouldn't have happened but the sparky has lost the plot over part p
and doesn't know if he can do the required work as I have layed the
cable. (aaaarrrhhh stupid regs)

Not by the book. But the risk of anything going wrong is pretty low, make
sure the fuse in the plug is 3A.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:45:52 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Paul wrote:
I am having a new combi boiler fitted in my new kitchen the problem I
have is the boiler is being fitted on thursday and the new electrics are
being finished next week. So am I allowed to run the boiler from an
extension lead until the new wiring is in?

I'd say yes. The nonsense over Part Pee is that it only includes permanent
installations - any extension lead bodges are not covered. ;-)

The problem is that the boiler is only allowed (enforced by CORGI
inspectors) to be powered from a FCU or an unswitched socket (this is to
ensure double pole isolation). Anyway most extension have unswitched
socket(s)!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker

Paul wrote:
I am having a new combi boiler fitted in my new kitchen the
problem I have is the boiler is being fitted on thursday and the
new electrics are being finished next week. So am I allowed to
run the boiler from an extension lead until the new wiring is in?

We did, and the Building Inspectors etc didn't seem concerned.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker

Paul wrote:
Steve Walker wrote:
Paul wrote:

I am having a new combi boiler fitted in my new kitchen the
problem I have is the boiler is being fitted on thursday and the
new electrics are being finished next week. So am I allowed to
run the boiler from an extension lead until the new wiring is
in?

We did, and the Building Inspectors etc didn't seem concerned.

great

For about 2 days we ran the 15a immersion off it too, but the ext. cable
tended to get warmer than the water after an hour or two..... )