Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geoff

Default Source for Samsung DVD parts

Got a combo Samsung DVD player/Video, DVD part has failed, lt's a plugable part
but I can't find any sources.

Does anyone know a supplier of Samsung parts or even if the drive assemblies are
the same from other Samsung DVD players ?

--
Geoff
www.anoraks.uk.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rumble

Geoff said the following on 06/12/2005 11:49:
Got a combo Samsung DVD player/Video, DVD part has failed, lt's a plugable part
but I can't find any sources.

Does anyone know a supplier of Samsung parts or even if the drive assemblies are
the same from other Samsung DVD players ?

Try CPC

www.cpc.co.uk

-Email sales on sales at cpc.co.uk

Farnell's thanks I should have said I found them, tho true to form for them they
don't seem to do the parts I need and even if they did they are so over priced !

--
Geoff
www.anoraks.uk.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Geoff wrote:
Got a combo Samsung DVD player/Video, DVD part has failed, lt's a plugable part
but I can't find any sources.

Never, never buy combo devices, for this reason.

Does anyone know a supplier of Samsung parts or even if the drive assemblies are
the same from other Samsung DVD players ?

DVD players are pretty much disposable nowadays, Asda were selling DVD
players for £25 the other week.

My cambridge audio DVD player went belly up after about 14 months, and
I replaced it with a £30 Sharp from Dixons.

I sold the Cambridge Audio one on Ebay for spares or repair and made
£15 on it. Net cost for a new DVD player - £15.

HTH

Paul.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Geoff wrote:
Got a combo Samsung DVD player/Video, DVD part has failed, lt's a plugable part
but I can't find any sources.

Never, never buy combo devices, for this reason.

Does anyone know a supplier of Samsung parts or even if the drive assemblies are
the same from other Samsung DVD players ?

DVD players are pretty much disposable nowadays, Asda were selling DVD
players for £25 the other week.

Tesco had them for £20 the other day.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Geoff wrote:
Got a combo Samsung DVD player/Video, DVD part has failed, lt's a
plugable part but I can't find any sources.

Does anyone know a supplier of Samsung parts or even if the drive
assemblies are the same from other Samsung DVD players ?

Bin it, even if you did find the part/supplier the price of the replacement
would'nt justify the shop price of a new model.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , raden
writes
In message .com,
writes

wrote:
Geoff wrote:
Got a combo Samsung DVD player/Video, DVD part has failed, lt's a
plugable part
but I can't find any sources.

Never, never buy combo devices, for this reason.

Does anyone know a supplier of Samsung parts or even if the drive
assemblies are
the same from other Samsung DVD players ?

DVD players are pretty much disposable nowadays, Asda were selling DVD
players for £25 the other week.

Tesco had them for £20 the other day.

I saw a recordable DVD player for £70 in a coop on saturday

That was co-op btw, not a place where birds roost

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

raden wrote:
raden writes
manatbandq writes
zymurgy wrote:
Geoff wrote:

DVD players are pretty much disposable nowadays, Asda were selling DVD
players for £25 the other week.

Tesco had them for £20 the other day.

I saw a recordable DVD player for £70 in a coop on saturday

That was co-op btw, not a place where birds roost

Thank you Mr Murray

Z.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Geoff wrote:

Farnell's thanks I should have said I found them, tho true to form for them they
don't seem to do the parts I need and even if they did they are so over priced !

Don't go by the catalogue (online or dead tree) though - they can supply
a much wider range of appliance / entertainment goods spares than would
be apparent from the cats.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geoff

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 23:59:14 +0000, Mark S. wrote:

-On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 11:49:48 +0000, Geoff
-wrote:

-Is it a tray loader?
-
-When you take the top off a lot are just computer drives without the
-cases, so maybe easier to get hold of a PC DVD drive?

Good thought, think I have a drive about.

Current plan is to purchase a Samsung DVD on flebay and see if the drive fits,
if it does then result, if not then I have a working DVD ;-)

--
Geoff
www.anoraks.uk.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geoff

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 00:28:17 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

-Geoff wrote:
-
- Farnell's thanks I should have said I found them, tho true to form for them
they
- don't seem to do the parts I need and even if they did they are so over
priced !
-
-Don't go by the catalogue (online or dead tree) though - they can supply
-a much wider range of appliance / entertainment goods spares than would
-be apparent from the cats.

I know, used to use them a lot years ago, however the prices have always been
eyewaterning.

--
Geoff
www.anoraks.uk.net

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geoff

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 17:15:16 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote:

-Geoff wrote:
- Got a combo Samsung DVD player/Video, DVD part has failed, lt's a
- plugable part but I can't find any sources.
-
- Does anyone know a supplier of Samsung parts or even if the drive
- assemblies are the same from other Samsung DVD players ?
-
-Bin it, even if you did find the part/supplier the price of the replacement
-would'nt justify the shop price of a new model.

Thank yor that your grace, however that would be what they are expecting me to
do, I would rather fix it then bin it.

--
Geoff
www.anoraks.uk.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Geoff wrote:

I know, used to use them a lot years ago, however the prices have always been
eyewaterning.

I must admit I have not paid that much attention to white goods spares
prices (since I have not ordered much of such stuff from them) but
always found most of their normal stuff to be resonably priced...
certainly compared to the likes of RS. Unless you know better, in which
case spill the beans! ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

wrote:
-Geoff wrote:
-
- Farnell's thanks I should have said I found them, tho true to form for them
they
- don't seem to do the parts I need and even if they did they are so over
priced !
-
-Don't go by the catalogue (online or dead tree) though - they can supply
-a much wider range of appliance / entertainment goods spares than would
-be apparent from the cats.

I know, used to use them a lot years ago, however the prices have always been
eyewaterning.

Last time I bought washing machine spares, they were 30% of the price
the local man charges - like for like, genuine manufacturers' spares.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C

Geoff wrote:
I know, used to use them a lot years ago, however the prices have always been
eyewaterning.

Probably you are thinking more of the name 'Farnell'. CPC was taken over
by them a couple of years back, but the CPC operation has a different
line-up, service and cheaper prices. Occasionally gives Maplin something
to quake about....

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geoff

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 16:24:54 +0000, Adrian C wrote:

-Geoff wrote:
- I know, used to use them a lot years ago, however the prices have always
been
- eyewaterning.
-
-Probably you are thinking more of the name 'Farnell'. CPC was taken over
-by them a couple of years back, but the CPC operation has a different
-line-up, service and cheaper prices. Occasionally gives Maplin something
-to quake about....

Could be, I used to do a lot of R&D and brought a lot of parts from RS and
Farnell as I would have them next day, however you really paid for that in their
prices, not used either for a long time.

That being said by the time you've paid VAT and carriage it's pointless buying a
CD pickup for example from CPC.

--
Geoff
www.anoraks.uk.net

Price of Plumbing Parts H Home Repair 7 April 24th 05 02:07 PM
Small Aluminum Parts, Turret Punch? kevinlongisland Metalworking 5 March 5th 05 12:06 AM
Email List For Arcade Game Parts techforce Electronics Repair 6 July 30th 04 07:37 PM
Anyone have a source for Pioneer parts? (was: Pioneer VS. Lightning) DFerree923 Electronics Repair 2 August 9th 03 04:10 PM
parts source for Mitsubishi DT-40S (home audio) cassette player Jeff Electronics Repair 0 July 15th 03 01:26 AM