Posted to uk.d-i-y
john

Default Kitchen carcases and doors

I want to replace my kitchen but feel that the wall cupboards may as well
stay put as they are in good condition. However, I shall need to match up
the doors.

Do doors from the sheds have the hinge counterbores at some sort of standard
spacing? If so, what is it?

Also - and views on the quality of base carcases. Is there much to chose
between them? What should I look out for / avoid.

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:25:02 +0000, john wrote:

I want to replace my kitchen but feel that the wall cupboards may as well
stay put as they are in good condition. However, I shall need to match up
the doors.

Do doors from the sheds have the hinge counterbores at some sort of standard
spacing? If so, what is it?

If only they were!

Also - and views on the quality of base carcases. Is there much to chose
between them? What should I look out for / avoid.

Plywood - very good and not common.
18mm melamine faced chipboard - OK if dry.
16mm (or less!) crap.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Briggs

In message , john
writes
I want to replace my kitchen but feel that the wall cupboards may as well
stay put as they are in good condition. However, I shall need to match up
the doors.

Do doors from the sheds have the hinge counterbores at some sort of standard
spacing? If so, what is it?

Don't think so. Another option is to go to one of the replacement door
companies (google "replacement kitchen doors"), as these places will
drill the hinge positions to your specifications.
Also - and views on the quality of base carcases. Is there much to chose
between them? What should I look out for / avoid.

Proper corner units, i.e. not with half a 1000mm base hidden away and
almost inaccessible. B&Q do them. Probably others too.
--
steve

Building kitchen cabinets - any cost savings? Todd Fatheree Woodworking 128 July 15th 05 05:42 AM
Overstock Kitchen Doors hoopla UK diy 0 March 26th 05 04:08 PM
Recomendation for kitchen Oliver Ciaravella UK diy 23 March 9th 05 12:29 AM
Anyone know who makes this kitchen? Dan delaMare-Lyon UK diy 21 November 30th 04 02:16 PM
Kitchen Cabinet Quality Differences Lamb UK diy 12 January 28th 04 10:17 AM