Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default condensation and radiator

hello
the top floor flat we own has developed condensation and mould where
the flat roof ceiling meets the external walls.The room has a large
radiator but it is placed along an internal wall rather than under the
window. Would moving the radiator under the window help prevent the
condensation? The ceiling already has an insulated foam wallpaper on
it. Is there anyelse we could do?

Any advice gratefully received.

Bella

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Definitely condensation - happens when we get cold weather and not when
it rains.

I have no idea about the insulation. How would I check?

Would putting a false ceiling help - keeping moist air away from the
cold ceiling?

Thanks

Bella

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks but there is no attic. We're in a top floor flat and above us is
the flat roof so there is no attic space.

Bella

Posted to uk.d-i-y