Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fergus McMenemie

Default Venting a tumbler dryer

Hello; I need to vent the output from my tumber dryer. However there is
no direct access to an outside wall.

The best option would be to go stright up through the roof, but this
would involve a run of about 3m.

Currently I run it through the garage to a doorway. But I note that
quite a lot of water condenses in the plastic pipe. It needs emptied out
every few days of use. I did try placing a shower extractor fan halfway
along the pipe. But the hot air warped the plastic case and broke three
fans!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Fergus McMenemie wrote:
Hello; I need to vent the output from my tumber dryer. However there is
no direct access to an outside wall.

You'd be a lot better off with a condenser model which doesn't need
venting...

Currently I run it through the garage to a doorway. But I note that
quite a lot of water condenses in the plastic pipe. It needs emptied out
every few days of use. I did try placing a shower extractor fan halfway
along the pipe. But the hot air warped the plastic case and broke three
fans!

Can't you configure the ducting so it angles slightly downwards allowing
condensate to run away outside? Are you using concertina-like stuff or
the solid, smooth ducting (much more efficient)?

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fergus McMenemie

Lobster wrote:

Hello; I need to vent the output from my tumber dryer. However there is
no direct access to an outside wall.

You'd be a lot better off with a condenser model which doesn't need
venting...

Hmmm; I thought they were even more enery inefficient!

Currently I run it through the garage to a doorway. But I note that
quite a lot of water condenses in the plastic pipe. It needs emptied out
every few days of use. I did try placing a shower extractor fan halfway
along the pipe. But the hot air warped the plastic case and broke three
fans!

Can't you configure the ducting so it angles slightly downwards allowing
condensate to run away outside? Are you using concertina-like stuff or
the solid, smooth ducting (much more efficient)?

Never considered that! I will have to look at the run again. But the
current duct runs across the floor and out a door. The most direct and
convienent root is up and out the roof. I was wondering if anybody had
done this sort of thing before, and if they had had to employed a sump
of some kind.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

Hello; I need to vent the output from my tumber dryer. However there is
no direct access to an outside wall.

Throw it away and buy a proper condensing model that doesn't need venting.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred

In article , Fergus
McMenemie writes
Lobster wrote:

[...]

I've done something similar but not for a tumble drier. This little
arrangement would prob suit your needs. You'd need to have ready access
to the bottle trap as it will tend to clog will wet fluff and you'll
need a connection to a drain for the condensate. Use fixed width font:

| |
| | ^ to roof
| | | cap with
| | | hat type
| | flue terminal
| |
| | 100mm drain
| | pipe
|| ||
| |
| \
100mm | \
swept | \___
T | drier vent
| \_____ connection
| |
|| ||
|____| adaptor
| |___________
bottle | ____________
trap |__| condensate
drain

--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla

Tumble dryer venting Cordless Crazy UK diy 13 November 28th 05 01:28 PM
Tumble Dryer venting Bill UK diy 33 October 11th 05 08:32 PM
Dryer Exhaust Venting Tip Jeff Wisnia Home Repair 5 May 18th 05 04:33 PM
Venting a dryer Ed Hayes Home Repair 15 March 28th 05 03:23 PM
Venting dryer and bathroom/shower through the same pipe Leon Home Repair 2 August 26th 03 09:25 PM