Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

Default Loose bottle cage mounts

Hi

I've got a 4 year old CAAD4-framed Cannondale R500 with loose bottle
cage mounts. It looks like the metal inserts in the frame have come
unstuck or aren't the tight fit they once were. Any suggestions? Are
they replaceable? It sounds like I'm shaking a sack of bolts when I ride
on Hampshire's finest gravel-stuck-on-tarmac roads and I'm concerned the
movement of bottle and cage will be damaging the frame around the
mounts.

Cheers,

Mark
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 21:50:09 -0000, Mark
wrote:

Hi

I've got a 4 year old CAAD4-framed Cannondale R500 with loose bottle
cage mounts. It looks like the metal inserts in the frame have come
unstuck or aren't the tight fit they once were. Any suggestions? Are
they replaceable? It sounds like I'm shaking a sack of bolts when I ride
on Hampshire's finest gravel-stuck-on-tarmac roads and I'm concerned the
movement of bottle and cage will be damaging the frame around the
mounts.

Chuck it in the recycling bin where it belongs and get a proper steel
framed bike instead. Proper brazed in bottle fittings never come
loose!

(alternatively squirt in a bit of epoxy resin)