Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

Default Loose bottle cage mounts

On 2005-11-25, Rob Morley wrote:
In article ,
says...
I've got a 4 year old CAAD4-framed Cannondale R500 with loose bottle
cage mounts. It looks like the metal inserts in the frame have come
unstuck or aren't the tight fit they once were. Any suggestions? Are
they replaceable? It sounds like I'm shaking a sack of bolts when I
ride on Hampshire's finest gravel-stuck-on-tarmac roads and I'm
concerned the movement of bottle and cage will be damaging the frame
around the mounts.

You want one of those bikes with big fat squishy tyres, then it won't
rattle so much. Alternatively a Cannondale dealer should be able to
fit replacement bosses.

#@&$! I meant to post this to uk.rec.cycling. Serves me right for doing
it in a hurry. Thanks for the tips, though :~)

Cheers,

Mark