Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jace Spence

Default Price of domestic gas in London?

Hi all, I can't make head or tail of the figures in the latest gas
bill.

I want to calculate an interim bill so my flat mate and I can work
out our share.

I live in North East London. Does anyone know what the current price
of gas is (prefereably measured in "units" which is what my meter
reads in)?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:44:42 UTC, Jace Spence
wrote:

Hi all, I can't make head or tail of the figures in the latest gas
bill.

I want to calculate an interim bill so my flat mate and I can work
out our share.

I live in North East London. Does anyone know what the current price
of gas is (prefereably measured in "units" which is what my meter
reads in)?

Look on the back of the bill. There's an account of the calculation
there - for all the bills I've ever seen. Basically the 'units' are
cubic feet or cubic metres (depending on the age of the meter). The
calculation converts that to kilowatt-hours - which is what gas is
priced in.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French

In message , Jace Spence
writes
Hi all, I can't make head or tail of the figures in the latest gas
bill.

I want to calculate an interim bill so my flat mate and I can work
out our share.

I live in North East London. Does anyone know what the current price
of gas is

Your gas bill tells you the price you pay for gas.

(prefereably measured in "units" which is what my meter
reads in)?

Gas isn't priced in units, because things such as the calorific value of
the gas can vary slightly (AIUI)- it is priced in kWh, and that is
calculated as explained on the back of the bill.

However, if you just want a 'near enough' figure just take the amount of
your last bill (well the fuel consumed part inc. vat, not the standing
charge) and divide it by the number of units, bingo, price per unit
--
Chris French