Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen

Default Boiler Pressure Problem

Hi There

I'm having problems with a Ravenheat LS-100T Combi boiler. From some
of the posts and forums I've looked at these boilers don't seem to well
thought of. I'm maybe discovering why!

The fan starts up and the boiler fires ok. Pump seems to be turning ok.
The TRVs are all open fully.

After about 25 seconds the pressure on the gauge has risen from 1.5 to
2.0 bar and the pressure relief valve opens up and shuts the system
down - even though the manual states that the valve is set to operate
at 3.0 bar!

These symptoms happen in both central heating and hot water mode.

Anyone got any ideas about a solution?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Stephen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi There

I'm having problems with a Ravenheat LS-100T Combi boiler. From some
of the posts and forums I've looked at these boilers don't seem to well
thought of. I'm maybe discovering why!

The fan starts up and the boiler fires ok. Pump seems to be turning ok.
The TRVs are all open fully.

After about 25 seconds the pressure on the gauge has risen from 1.5 to
2.0 bar and the pressure relief valve opens up and shuts the system
down - even though the manual states that the valve is set to operate
at 3.0 bar!

These symptoms happen in both central heating and hot water mode.

Anyone got any ideas about a solution?

Sounds like the pressure vessel needs recharging or replacing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:05:53 -0800, Stephen wrote:

Hi There

I'm having problems with a Ravenheat LS-100T Combi boiler. From some
of the posts and forums I've looked at these boilers don't seem to well
thought of. I'm maybe discovering why!

The fan starts up and the boiler fires ok. Pump seems to be turning ok.
The TRVs are all open fully.

After about 25 seconds the pressure on the gauge has risen from 1.5 to
2.0 bar and the pressure relief valve opens up and shuts the system
down - even though the manual states that the valve is set to operate
at 3.0 bar!

These symptoms happen in both central heating and hot water mode.

Anyone got any ideas about a solution?

See the Sealed CH FAQ. Probably got a tired valve aswell as failed
expansion vessel.

CH Boiler Problem - Potterton C70 DavidM UK diy 10 October 6th 05 07:35 PM
New condensing boiler installation - truth or lies Martin Evans UK diy 57 July 2nd 05 02:13 PM
Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Water Pump / Pressure Tank Problem !!!!!! James Nipper Home Ownership 6 June 28th 04 02:13 AM