Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Default Boiler Pressure Problem

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:05:53 -0800, Stephen wrote:

Hi There

I'm having problems with a Ravenheat LS-100T Combi boiler. From some
of the posts and forums I've looked at these boilers don't seem to well
thought of. I'm maybe discovering why!

The fan starts up and the boiler fires ok. Pump seems to be turning ok.
The TRVs are all open fully.

After about 25 seconds the pressure on the gauge has risen from 1.5 to
2.0 bar and the pressure relief valve opens up and shuts the system
down - even though the manual states that the valve is set to operate
at 3.0 bar!

These symptoms happen in both central heating and hot water mode.

Anyone got any ideas about a solution?

See the Sealed CH FAQ. Probably got a tired valve aswell as failed
expansion vessel.