Posted to uk.d-i-y
Huj

Default help! LPG gas oven prob

Hi, does anybody out there know what might be the problem with my LPG gas
oven??? It ignites, and there is gas supply as the hob and grill work
perfectly, but once ignited the flames do not burn to full height ( just low
burning) and there is no blockage of burner ports as far as I can see.
Appreciate any tips on what might be the problem many thanks
Haydn

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:37:42 -0000, "Huj" wrote:

| Hi, does anybody out there know what might be the problem with my LPG gas
| oven??? It ignites, and there is gas supply as the hob and grill work
| perfectly, but once ignited the flames do not burn to full height ( just low
| burning) and there is no blockage of burner ports as far as I can see.
| Appreciate any tips on what might be the problem many thanks

You do not say which gas: propane, butane, you are using and where, :home
caravan boat.
Butane is notorious for not evaporating in cold weather, if using butane
change to propane for cold weather, IMO it is better to use propane in all
weathers.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Sick and tired of Junk Snail Mail?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Huj

thanks for your reply
i use propane gas - any idea what is causing problem?

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:37:42 -0000, "Huj" wrote:

| Hi, does anybody out there know what might be the problem with my LPG
gas
| oven??? It ignites, and there is gas supply as the hob and grill work
| perfectly, but once ignited the flames do not burn to full height ( just
low
| burning) and there is no blockage of burner ports as far as I can see.
| Appreciate any tips on what might be the problem many thanks

You do not say which gas: propane, butane, you are using and where, :home
caravan boat.
Butane is notorious for not evaporating in cold weather, if using butane
change to propane for cold weather, IMO it is better to use propane in all
weathers.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Sick and tired of Junk Snail Mail?
Register with http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/
IME it works :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Huj

oops!! forgot to say oven used at home, Leisure classic 90

"Huj" wrote in message
thanks for your reply
i use propane gas - any idea what is causing problem?

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:37:42 -0000, "Huj" wrote:

| Hi, does anybody out there know what might be the problem with my LPG
gas
| oven??? It ignites, and there is gas supply as the hob and grill work
| perfectly, but once ignited the flames do not burn to full height (
just low
| burning) and there is no blockage of burner ports as far as I can see.
| Appreciate any tips on what might be the problem many thanks

You do not say which gas: propane, butane, you are using and where, :home
caravan boat.
Butane is notorious for not evaporating in cold weather, if using butane
change to propane for cold weather, IMO it is better to use propane in
all
weathers.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Sick and tired of Junk Snail Mail?
Register with http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/
IME it works :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mara

we just had that on ours - it was the flame failure device, had snapped
between the sensor pipe and the gas control unit, causing it to lose all its
mercury and therefore not allowing it to release the switch to get the main
gas flow. Luckilly we found a good Corgi registered repair man who was able
to locate a spare part - which was pretty difficult as our cooker was built
in 1985 and they dont do spare parts any more.....The other down side to
this was that to wait for a good LPG gas repair man to even come round and
check what the problem was (cos it could have been something else) took 5
weeks...
Mara

"Huj" wrote in message
Hi, does anybody out there know what might be the problem with my LPG gas
oven??? It ignites, and there is gas supply as the hob and grill work
perfectly, but once ignited the flames do not burn to full height ( just
low burning) and there is no blockage of burner ports as far as I can see.
Appreciate any tips on what might be the problem many thanks
Haydn

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:37:42 -0000, "Huj" wrote:

| Hi, does anybody out there know what might be the problem with my LPG
gas
| oven??? It ignites, and there is gas supply as the hob and grill work
| perfectly, but once ignited the flames do not burn to full height ( just
low
| burning) and there is no blockage of burner ports as far as I can see.
| Appreciate any tips on what might be the problem many thanks

You do not say which gas: propane, butane, you are using and where, :home
caravan boat.
Butane is notorious for not evaporating in cold weather, if using butane
change to propane for cold weather, IMO it is better to use propane in all
weathers.

As the hob is working ok your argument is dead in the water.
to the OP it sounds as though your flame failure device (FFD) is either not
getting heated due to a bit of debris getting in the way of the (small)
flame or it has ceased to operate. Try vacuuming out the burner as a first
try.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

"Mara" wrote in message

we just had that on ours - it was the flame failure device, had snapped
between the sensor pipe and the gas control unit, causing it to lose all
its
mercury and therefore not allowing it to release the switch to get the
main
gas flow. Luckilly we found a good Corgi registered repair man who was
able
to locate a spare part - which was pretty difficult as our cooker was
built
in 1985 and they dont do spare parts any more.....The other down side to
this was that to wait for a good LPG gas repair man to even come round and
check what the problem was (cos it could have been something else) took 5
weeks...
Mara

"universal" FFDs are available if the original part is discontinued

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Huj

Thanks Mara

Will start phoning around need oven sorted before christmas!!!!!
Haydn

"Huj" wrote in message
Hi, does anybody out there know what might be the problem with my LPG gas
oven??? It ignites, and there is gas supply as the hob and grill work
perfectly, but once ignited the flames do not burn to full height ( just
low burning) and there is no blockage of burner ports as far as I can
see. Appreciate any tips on what might be the problem many thanks
Haydn

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Huj

thanks John
tried tovacume to no avail

Just hope i fine engineer A.S.A.P but at least now thanks to yourself and
Mara I know what the problem is!

thanks
Haydn