Posted to uk.d-i-y
Huj

Default help! LPG gas oven prob

Thanks Mara

Will start phoning around need oven sorted before christmas!!!!!
Haydn
"Mara" wrote in message

we just had that on ours - it was the flame failure device, had snapped
between the sensor pipe and the gas control unit, causing it to lose all
its
mercury and therefore not allowing it to release the switch to get the
main
gas flow. Luckilly we found a good Corgi registered repair man who was
able
to locate a spare part - which was pretty difficult as our cooker was
built
in 1985 and they dont do spare parts any more.....The other down side to
this was that to wait for a good LPG gas repair man to even come round and
check what the problem was (cos it could have been something else) took 5
weeks...
Mara

"Huj" wrote in message
Hi, does anybody out there know what might be the problem with my LPG gas
oven??? It ignites, and there is gas supply as the hob and grill work
perfectly, but once ignited the flames do not burn to full height ( just
low burning) and there is no blockage of burner ports as far as I can
see. Appreciate any tips on what might be the problem many thanks
Haydn