Posted to uk.d-i-y
jklwood

Default how to clean lining of Barbour waxed jacket?

My good old Barbour Border is getting a bit funky inside. How does one
clean the tartan fabric if the jacket cannot be put in the washer?

Thanks, all...

Jon

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Henry

My good old Barbour Border is getting a bit funky inside.

Isn't this merely a "feature" of a well worn Barbour? ;-)

How does one clean the tartan fabric if the jacket cannot be put in the
washer?

On a more helpful note how about some sort of "mousse" carpet type cleaner?

Or I've had quite some success cleaning grubby unremovable upholstery fabric
with a steam cleaner. Old toweling fitted over the team outlet to soak up
the scunge lifted by the steam. That may or may not make a great deal of
sense :-) If you have a suitable steamer then maybe you'll know what I mean.

Henry

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

jklwood wrote:
My good old Barbour Border is getting a bit funky inside. How does
one clean the tartan fabric if the jacket cannot be put in the washer?

Thanks, all...

Jon

How about...wait for it... yes you've guessed...your local high street
cleaners. yaaaay!
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley

On 17 Nov 2005 13:50:20 -0800, "jklwood" wrote:

My good old Barbour Border is getting a bit funky inside. How does one
clean the tartan fabric if the jacket cannot be put in the washer?

One way is to send it back to Barbour. If you have elbow wear etc. they
do an _excellent_ repair service and they come back nice and clean too.

Otherwise[*] I've been known to stick them through the spare washing
machine (the one for overalls) and then just re-proof them afterwards.

For general light crud, I lay them flat out on the garage concrete drive
and scrub them with carpet shampoo and a scrubbing brush, then line-dry
them.

[*] "The cat's being car-sick"

'Stick him on my wax jacket. We'll clean it up later'

barf

'I meant on the _wax_ side of my jacket'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You Cannot put a Barbour in the dry cleaners!

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...et-212641-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 11 January 2021 at 14:15:06 UTC, Terri wrote:
You Cannot put a Barbour in the dry cleaners!

Too late - they did, and they died from it. Their funeral was 15 years ago.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

This is the BEST. Using a white face cloth, saturate it with Oxiclean Automotive upolstry and carpet cleaner foam. DO NOT spray the lining directly. Scrub with the face cloth until you're satisfied. Allow to air dry. It leaves a pleasant clean smell

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...et-212641-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dan wrote

This is the BEST. Using a white face cloth, saturate it with Oxiclean
Automotive upolstry and carpet cleaner foam. DO NOT spray the lining
directly. Scrub with the face cloth until you're satisfied. Allow to air
dry. It leaves a pleasant clean smell

You are 15 years late, stupid.

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...et-212641-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 10:14:25 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

You are 15 years late, stupid.

You are over 80 years too late, senile asshole!

--
Website (from 2007) dedicated to the 86-year-old trolling senile
cretin from Oz: