Posted to uk.d-i-y
Neil

Default correct brads

I am wondering if my arrow nailmaster 2 does not work properly ( the brad do
no go completely into wood sticking out 1/8 inch) because I am using
compatible brads and not arrow ones. As anyone else had the same problem
with compatible brads? The ones I used are recommended by screwfix.
Thanks
Neil

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Funfly3

"Neil" wrote in message
I am wondering if my arrow nailmaster 2 does not work properly ( the brad
do no go completely into wood sticking out 1/8 inch) because I am using
compatible brads and not arrow ones. As anyone else had the same problem
with compatible brads? The ones I used are recommended by screwfix.
Thanks
Neil

don't they have a depth adjuster on these ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Neil

"Funfly3" wrote in message

"Neil" wrote in message
I am wondering if my arrow nailmaster 2 does not work properly ( the brad
do no go completely into wood sticking out 1/8 inch) because I am using
compatible brads and not arrow ones. As anyone else had the same problem
with compatible brads? The ones I used are recommended by screwfix.
Thanks
Neil

don't they have a depth adjuster on

these ?

Not on mine, unless I am missing something. I cant see anyway to adjust the
gun, and there is nothing in the instructions.
Neil

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin

Neil wrote in message ...

"Funfly3" wrote in message

"Neil" wrote in message
I am wondering if my arrow nailmaster 2 does not work properly ( the brad
do no go completely into wood sticking out 1/8 inch) because I am using
compatible brads and not arrow ones. As anyone else had the same problem
with compatible brads? The ones I used are recommended by screwfix.
Thanks
Neil

don't they have a depth adjuster on

these ?

Not on mine, unless I am missing something. I cant see anyway to adjust

the
gun, and there is nothing in the instructions.
Neil

Could this problem be caused by recoil? Try pressing down with full weight
on the gun with one hand and firing with the other.
This is the only way I get my arrow gun to drive nails flush.

Bob

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Neil

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message

Neil wrote in message ...

"Funfly3" wrote in message

"Neil" wrote in message
[...]

I have tried that Bob and it marks the wood (indent). I guess I am going to
have to live with the slight indent. I have 4 walls off panelling to put up
and dont fancy finishing each brad with a punch. I will practice a bit more
first to see if I can reduce the indent and still get the brad below the
surface.
Thanks
Neil

Posted to uk.d-i-y
david lang

Neil wrote:
I have tried that Bob and it marks the wood (indent). I guess I am
going to have to live with the slight indent. I have 4 walls off
panelling to put up and dont fancy finishing each brad with a punch.

Whatever, you are still going to have to fill the indent, don't matter if
the nailer or the punch caused it.

Try lubricating the firing mechanism. Air brad nailers don't work without
lubrication.

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Neil

"david lang" wrote in message
. uk...
Neil wrote:
I have tried that Bob and it marks the wood (indent). I guess I am
going to have to live with the slight indent. I have 4 walls off
panelling to put up and dont fancy finishing each brad with a punch.

Whatever, you are still going to have to fill the indent, don't matter if
the nailer or the punch caused it.

Try lubricating the firing mechanism. Air brad nailers don't work without
lubrication.

Dave

Thanks Dave, but its an electric one unfortunately, and they say do not
lubricate.
Neil

"correct" way to prep walls for tile in shower? [email protected] Home Repair 18 December 14th 17 08:33 AM
2'' brads for door trim? Jim Home Repair 9 September 30th 05 07:43 AM
correct dimmer switch... Howie UK diy 6 March 10th 05 09:25 PM
Correct way to wire in an electric oven TonyJeffs UK diy 5 October 25th 03 01:03 PM
Correct planning apllication forms (invalid application) dg UK diy 2 October 1st 03 07:04 AM