Gary Cavie

Default Fibreglass poles

Does anbody know where I can get a fibreglass pole, of similar dimensions
to a scaffold pole (ie, around 50mm diameter, thick-walled, and about 4m
long?

Thanks

Gary

PS: Brian - yes it is for what you're thinking ;-)
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Gary Cavie wrote:
Does anbody know where I can get a fibreglass pole, of similar
dimensions to a scaffold pole (ie, around 50mm diameter,
thick-walled, and about 4m long?

Thanks

Gary

PS: Brian - yes it is for what you're thinking ;-)

You a CB freak? thought they died a sad death?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Matt Finish

"Gary Cavie" wrote in message
t...
Does anbody know where I can get a fibreglass pole, of similar dimensions
to a scaffold pole (ie, around 50mm diameter, thick-walled, and about 4m
long?

Thanks

Gary

PS: Brian - yes it is for what you're thinking ;-)

http://www.btinternet.com/~dance_pole/

Not fibreglass though. Am I thinking what you're thinking? :-)

.

Gary Cavie wrote:
Does anbody know where I can get a fibreglass pole, of similar
dimensions to a scaffold pole (ie, around 50mm diameter,
thick-walled, and about 4m long?

Thanks

Gary

http://www.fierljeppen.nl/

PS: Brian - yes it is for what you're thinking ;-)

http://www.pbholland.com/fotos/voorp...ooten_2004.jpg

bet it's not.

Michael Chare

"Gary Cavie" wrote in message
t...
Does anbody know where I can get a fibreglass pole, of similar dimensions
to a scaffold pole (ie, around 50mm diameter, thick-walled, and about 4m
long?

Old windsurfing pole? - They are tapered though!

(Most modern ones contain carbon fibre)

Maybe old mast for Topper or Laser sailing boat.

--

Michael Chare

Gary Cavie

In article , [email protected] says...
Gary Cavie wrote:
Does anbody know where I can get a fibreglass pole, of similar
dimensions to a scaffold pole (ie, around 50mm diameter,
thick-walled, and about 4m long?

Thanks

Gary

http://www.fierljeppen.nl/

PS: Brian - yes it is for what you're thinking ;-)

http://www.pbholland.com/fotos/voorp...ooten_2004.jpg

bet it's not.

NO - definitely not for that!!!
nightjar

"Gary Cavie" wrote in message
t...
Does anbody know where I can get a fibreglass pole, of similar dimensions
to a scaffold pole (ie, around 50mm diameter, thick-walled, and about 4m
long?

You can buy GRP handrail tube, but you have to like bright yellow.
Unfortunately, I don't recall where I saw them.

Colin Bignell

Franko

"Gary Cavie" wrote in message
t...
Does anbody know where I can get a fibreglass pole, of similar dimensions
to a scaffold pole (ie, around 50mm diameter, thick-walled, and about 4m
long?

Thanks

Gary

Washing line pole ??

John

"Gary Cavie" wrote in message
t...
Does anbody know where I can get a fibreglass pole, of similar dimensions
to a scaffold pole (ie, around 50mm diameter, thick-walled, and about 4m
long?

Thanks

Gary

PS: Brian - yes it is for what you're thinking ;-)

You could try a good sports supplier. They may have some pole-vault poles
(I'm fairly sure the lower end of the market will be GRP based). Look at
eBay etc for second hand poles as well.

J.

The Wanderer

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:40:55 -0000, Gary Cavie wrote:

Does anbody know where I can get a fibreglass pole, of similar dimensions
to a scaffold pole (ie, around 50mm diameter, thick-walled, and about 4m
long?

Try a google for glaasfibre measuring rods, but you'll pay a lot for 'em.
They're usually rated to a high electrical impulse test.

Used to be able to get a relatively simple type, about 4ft sections, that
slotted together, alternatively a telescopic version that would extend to
about 25ft.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net
Dave Fawthrop

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:40:55 -0000, Gary Cavie wrote:

| Does anbody know where I can get a fibreglass pole, of similar dimensions
| to a scaffold pole (ie, around 50mm diameter, thick-walled, and about 4m
| long?

You want a pole to go in the Jockey wheel holder on your 4 metre caravan?
For an aerial or sat dish?
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Sick and tired of Junk Snail Mail?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian White

Gary Cavie wrote:
I have a Crossed beam sitting on top of my rotator, using an aluminum
pole. This passes right through the vertical elements, and is de-tuning
them, giving an SWR of almost 4:1, whereas the horizontal section is
spot on at 1.1:1. That's why I need a fibreglass pole!

But what about the coax? That's metal too, so replacing the pole may not
be a complete solution.

Also, are you absolutely sure the SWR problem isn't due to something
else, like a bad connection to the driven element?

--
Ian White
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Gary Cavie wrote:
Does anbody know where I can get a fibreglass pole, of similar
dimensions to a scaffold pole (ie, around 50mm diameter,
thick-walled, and about 4m long?

Thanks

Gary

PS: Brian - yes it is for what you're thinking ;-)

You need a flagpole supplier for Fibreglass pole.

They're not cheap neither.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Simpson

In article , Gary Cavie
writes
In article ,
says...

Old windsurfing pole? - They are tapered though!

(Most modern ones contain carbon fibre)

Maybe old mast for Topper or Laser sailing boat.

That's a thought, will take a look down the local boatyard.

They are alloy.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "news" with "adrian" and "nospam" with "ffoil"
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt Finish

"Gary Cavie" wrote in message
t...
In article , says...

"Gary Cavie" wrote in message
t...
Does anbody know where I can get a fibreglass pole, of similar

dimensions
to a scaffold pole (ie, around 50mm diameter, thick-walled, and about

4m
long?

Thanks

Gary

PS: Brian - yes it is for what you're thinking ;-)

http://www.btinternet.com/~dance_pole/

Not fibreglass though. Am I thinking what you're thinking? :-)

No, but there's another idea for the future!

Lol!
How about a timber pole? Would that work for what you want. My local diy
centre carries a mopstick handrail, which is approx the size you want.

OT - looking for fibreglass tape Martin Whybrow Metalworking 3 July 28th 05 03:36 PM
fibreglass garryb59 UK diy 5 May 6th 05 01:02 PM
Can I use electrostatic filter to reduce fibreglass ? anita Home Repair 13 April 9th 05 02:29 AM
Wall insulation (cellulose v/s fibreglass) Bharat P. Baliga-Savel Home Repair 9 December 17th 04 03:45 AM
Building a pole barn shop Don Home Repair 13 April 15th 04 05:51 PM