Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gary Cavie

Default Fibreglass poles

In article ,
lid says...
On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:40:55 -0000, Gary Cavie wrote:

| Does anbody know where I can get a fibreglass pole, of similar dimensions
| to a scaffold pole (ie, around 50mm diameter, thick-walled, and about 4m
| long?

You want a pole to go in the Jockey wheel holder on your 4 metre caravan?
For an aerial or sat dish?

OK. I'll fess up!

Sir Benjamin was _almost_ right - it's not CB, but amateur radio. I have
a Crossed beam sitting on top of my rotator, using an aluminum pole. This
passes right through the vertical elements, and is de-tuning them, giving
an SWR of almost 4:1, whereas the horizontal section is spot on at 1.1:1.
That's why I need a fibreglass pole!

(Although the pole dancing setup does sound good - my wife has always
wanted to learn that!)