The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Duh! landlords repairs

Next door has a leek in the bay window roof, she's been waiting a week for
the repairs bloke to come out and repair it.
It was fine day yesterday no rain, apparently he turned up and supposedly
couldn't get an answer at the door and I know for a fact she was in anyway
he slipped a note under the door,not through the letterbox(probably didn't
want to make a noise), saying he had called to do the repair but got no
answer.

She phoned the office(estate agents), who is the go between for the real
landlord and told them the situation they said we cant understand why he
did not do the repair as it was an outside job and this type of work is
usually done regardless of the occupant being at home or not.

I know what's happening their charging the real landlord for a call out and
then getting charged again for the job when it is done.
Rip off estate agents.

p.s this repairs bloke has a relative working in the office.
Someone let it slip on the phone.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Chris Bacon

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Next door has a leek in the bay window roof, she's been waiting a week for
the repairs bloke to come out and repair it.

They don't want a "repairs bloke", they want a gardener.
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Chris Bacon wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Next door has a leek in the bay window roof, she's been waiting a
week for the repairs bloke to come out and repair it.

They don't want a "repairs bloke", they want a gardener.

pmsl, I realised just as I pressed the damn send button. :-P
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Chris Bacon

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Next door has a leek in the bay window roof, she's been waiting a
week for the repairs bloke to come out and repair it.

They don't want a "repairs bloke", they want a gardener.

pmsl, I realised just as I pressed the damn send button. :-P

It's really iterating, when that happens.

Lobster

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Lobster wrote:

Would be nice if the tenant told the landlord what's going on
otherwise how's he ever going to find out? His address - not the
agent's - must be included on the tenancy agreement by law.

Are you sure it does? I thought if the agreement showed the landlords agent
address thats all that is needed?

Yes, m'lord! I can't lay my hands on supporting evidence right now but
it does need to be in - it's in relation to the tenant serving notices
on the landlord.

David
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Lobster wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Lobster wrote:

Would be nice if the tenant told the landlord what's going on
otherwise how's he ever going to find out? His address - not the
agent's - must be included on the tenancy agreement by law.

Are you sure it does? I thought if the agreement showed the
landlords agent address thats all that is needed?

Yes, m'lord! I can't lay my hands on supporting evidence right now
but it does need to be in - it's in relation to the tenant serving
notices on the landlord.

David

Well I'm afraid your partially wrong on this.

I just knocked next door an asked her to see the agreement
and it stated...

Mr&Mrs blah,blah
C/o the blah,blah estate agents
129 blah,blah
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Lobster

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Lobster wrote:

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Lobster wrote:

Would be nice if the tenant told the landlord what's going on
otherwise how's he ever going to find out? His address - not the
agent's - must be included on the tenancy agreement by law.

Are you sure it does? I thought if the agreement showed the
landlords agent address thats all that is needed?

Yes, m'lord! I can't lay my hands on supporting evidence right now
but it does need to be in - it's in relation to the tenant serving
notices on the landlord.

Well I'm afraid your partially wrong on this.

Correct!
http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/landlord's_address.htm

I just knocked next door an asked her to see the agreement
and it stated...

Mr&Mrs blah,blah
C/o the blah,blah estate agents
129 blah,blah

So... although it's *usual* for the LL's address to be included in a
tenancy, an agent's address will suffice, as in your neighbour's case;
however the LL's address must still be provided to the tenant on request.

David

Would be nice if the tenant told the landlord what's going on
otherwise how's he ever going to find out? His address - not the
agent's - must be included on the tenancy agreement by law.

Are you sure it does? I thought if the agreement showed the
landlords agent address thats all that is needed?

Yes, m'lord! I can't lay my hands on supporting evidence right now
but it does need to be in - it's in relation to the tenant serving
notices on the landlord.

David

Well I'm afraid your partially wrong on this.

I just knocked next door an asked her to see the agreement
and it stated...

Mr&Mrs blah,blah
C/o the blah,blah estate agents
129 blah,blah

The landlords name does not have to be on the tenancy agreement but the
agent must give this to the tenant if asked, as it is the law. If the
landlord/agent does not do this then it opens up a can of worms - one
of which is the rent "is not legally due". Basically they have no
choice but to give the tenant the landlords address (but not their
phone number)

What if the House Needs Repairs? Ablang Home Ownership 2 October 25th 05 05:47 PM
auto repairs Vic Dura Home Repair 3 August 9th 05 04:10 PM
Old car body repairs - advice sought... Reuben UK diy 58 October 6th 04 06:00 PM
Repairs to Wooden Boat Hulls steve UK diy 10 July 26th 04 12:28 PM
Roof Repairs Suzanne Home Repair 1 July 11th 03 03:58 PM