Junior Member

Question Fitted Wardrobe for Alcove

Hi all,

I'd like to fit a wardrobe into an alcove in one of our bedrooms. I've looked around the sheds and the internet but all I can find are sliding door assemblies, and I'm ideally looking for something with swing doors. I thought it would be possible to buy full kits for this sort of thing, but apparently not.

The alcove is 1200mm (47.5") wide by 2330mm (92") high. We have something like this already in the main bedroom (though, different size).

Any suggestions where to look?

If I can't find anything suitable I'll probably think about building something from scratch. Would MDF be suitable for this?

Thanks
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Fitted Wardrobe for Alcove

shoog wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to fit a wardrobe into an alcove in one of our bedrooms. I've
looked around the sheds and the internet but all I can find are
sliding door assemblies, and I'm ideally looking for something with
swing doors. I thought it would be possible to buy full kits for this
sort of thing, but apparently not.

The alcove is 1200mm (47.5") wide by 2330mm (92") high. We have
something like this already in the main bedroom (though, different
size).

Any suggestions where to look?

If I can't find anything suitable I'll probably think about building
something from scratch. Would MDF be suitable for this?

Thanks

Basically for a wardrobe in an alcove, all you need is a 2"x1" frame
surround screwed to the begining of the alcove and two wardrobe doors.
How much you want to pay for the doors is left to you?

Screwfix do the wardrobe doors and trimmings...
http://tinyurl.com/7dfsv
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
shoog wrote:
If I can't find anything suitable I'll probably think about building
something from scratch. Would MDF be suitable for this?

I'd use Contiboard. The melamine facing makes it easy to wipe clean but
can be painted etc on the outside to match the decor.

--
*Is there another word for synonym?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Lobster

shoog wrote:

I'd like to fit a wardrobe into an alcove in one of our bedrooms. I've
looked around the sheds and the internet but all I can find are sliding
door assemblies, and I'm ideally looking for something with swing doors.
I thought it would be possible to buy full kits for this sort of thing,
but apparently not.

snip

If I can't find anything suitable I'll probably think about building
something from scratch. Would MDF be suitable for this?

I'm sure you'll be into making a bespoke wardrobe here. There are far
too many variables for anything suitable/worthwhile to be supplied in
kit form.

David

Fitted wardrobe mitre joints jg UK diy 10 June 27th 05 12:02 AM
DIY Fitted Wardrobe hotshot UK diy 0 January 29th 05 08:43 PM
Wardrobe sliding door gear Bert Coules UK diy 25 January 5th 05 09:38 PM
Can I tell if my boiler has a bypass fitted? Michael D UK diy 7 October 31st 04 07:08 PM
Fitted wardrobe companies - recommendations James Taylor UK diy 0 February 3rd 04 10:21 PM