bugbear

Default source for "bin loader"

Long ago I ordered 2 of these:...

http://www.gardensupplydirect.co.uk/...CategoryID=107
http://www.gardensupplydirect.co.uk/...gLib-viewImage

from the Innovations catalogue.

It certainly appears that I could get one from
Garden Supply direct, but the catalogue
(normally) used to have good offers
if you bought more than one.

Does anyone know if they are sold in
any of the weekend "supplement" catalogues
that drop out of the newspapers?

BTW, I can thoroughly recommend these
gadgets. I have 2 and have used them
contantly for the last decade.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of a source
of "the right" plastic (it's around 1.5mm polythene,
at a guess), that might help too :-)

BugBear (who used to spend a bit of time in URG)
david lang

bugbear wrote:

source for "bin loader"

If the CIA and the entire American military couldn't find him, what chance
have we got?

Dave

Mr Harry

david lang wrote:

source for "bin loader"

If the CIA and the entire American military couldn't find him, what chance
have we got?

duh. you mean bin larden.

harry (mr)

bugbear

Owain wrote:
bugbear wrote:

Long ago I ordered 2 of these:...
http://www.gardensupplydirect.co.uk/...CategoryID=107

Scotts of Stow have them, two for 14.90 + 4.95 P&P. Scotts P&P is more
than Gardensupplydirect, but maybe you can find other things to make up
a worthwhile order from Scotts, with christmas approaching.

Hmm. 2 from Garden Supply would be 8.99 * 2 + 2.99 ~= 21
as opposed to Scotts @ ~= 20. Saves me a quid.
If I want four, it's a clear win for Scotts, of course.

They are (used to be?) used in Oxfam shops, if you know an Oxfam shop
manager you might be able to ask them to order one for you (unoficially)
through the Shop Supplies Order Form (a hateful thing).

How interesting. Thank you.

BugBear
bugbear

Owain wrote:
bugbear wrote:

Long ago I ordered 2 of these:...
http://www.gardensupplydirect.co.uk/...CategoryID=107

Scotts of Stow have them

I can't find them:
http://www.scottsofstow.co.uk/Defaul...language=en-GB

Any clues, or are these a catalogue only item?

BugBear (back from wandering around Scotts website)

bugbear

Ah hah!

They're more usually called "bag loaders"

(South Downs trading company)
http://www.shop-com.co.uk/op/~Bag_Loader-prod-7874376

Bosmere UK
http://www.1dfusion.co.uk/index.cfm/...prices/722_550

The Vernon Geranium Nursery
http://www.geraniumsuk.com/plants/by...+Equipment.htm

Garden Craft
(special offer - I think not)
http://www.gcraft.co.uk/specialoffer.php

QueensWood Garden Products (use their search for "loader")
http://www.queenswood.co.uk/index2.shtml

Crocus
http://www.crocus.co.uk/search/resul...&Categ oryID=

Stow Grange (an alioas for Scotts, I think)
http://www.stowgrange.co.uk/ProductD...eaningClearing

And despite what people say about competition on the web,
the prices are strangely uniform ;-)

BugBear
Mike Lyle

bugbear wrote:
Ah hah!

They're more usually called "bag loaders"

[...]
And despite what people say about competition on the web,
the prices are strangely uniform ;-)

BugBear

Stuff the Web! Get an offcut of flooring vinyl very cheap from a
flooring shop, or free of charge from your friendly local rubbish
skip. Stanley knife or scissors. It's always worked for me.

For big prunings, keep a length of old electrical cable. Tie a loop
in one end, and lay it out full length; chuck the prunings onto the
cable, and at the end of the job thread the plain end through the
loopy end, pull tight, and haul the bundle to wherever you want to
put it.

--
Mike.

adm

"Owain" wrote in message
bugbear wrote:
Owain wrote:
Scotts of Stow have them

I can't find them:
http://www.scottsofstow.co.uk/Defaul...language=en-GB
Any clues, or are these a catalogue only item?
BugBear (back from wandering around Scotts website)

You know, I was thinking as I was looking at the website I'd have to point
out that it's on the second page half-way down a not-terribly-obvious
subcategory.

Sorry for the absence of Clue.

They have these for £4.99 in my local garden centre (Wyevale in Alfold,
Surrey).

However - I found mine absolutely ****e for loading bags as it just wanted
to curl up into a 4" diameter. I suppose I could have messed around with it,
but I made it into a dew shield for my telescope instead.

bugbear

Mike Lyle wrote:
bugbear wrote:

Ah hah!

They're more usually called "bag loaders"

[...]

And despite what people say about competition on the web,
the prices are strangely uniform ;-)

BugBear

Stuff the Web! Get an offcut of flooring vinyl very cheap from a
flooring shop, or free of charge from your friendly local rubbish
skip. Stanley knife or scissors. It's always worked for me.

Heh. The web is the mechanism by which your splendid
suggestion found its way to me.

Thanks for the tip.

BugBear
bugbear

adm wrote:
They have these for £4.99 in my local garden centre (Wyevale in Alfold,
Surrey).

However - I found mine absolutely ****e for loading bags as it just wanted
to curl up into a 4" diameter. I suppose I could have messed around with it,
but I made it into a dew shield for my telescope instead.

Mine need rolling "the other way" on about a 3 month cycle.
I deem this "OK"

BugBear

Mike Lyle

bugbear wrote:
Mike Lyle wrote:
bugbear wrote:

Ah hah!

They're more usually called "bag loaders"

[...]

And despite what people say about competition on the web,
the prices are strangely uniform ;-)

BugBear

Stuff the Web! Get an offcut of flooring vinyl very cheap from a
flooring shop, or free of charge from your friendly local rubbish
skip. Stanley knife or scissors. It's always worked for me.

Heh. The web is the mechanism by which your splendid
suggestion found its way to me.

Thanks for the tip.

Glad to be of service! And, yes, there was a certain inconsistency in
my dismissal of our Wonderful Way of Working.

--
Mike.

adm

"bugbear" wrote in message
adm wrote:
They have these for £4.99 in my local garden centre (Wyevale in Alfold,
Surrey).

However - I found mine absolutely ****e for loading bags as it just
wanted to curl up into a 4" diameter. I suppose I could have messed
around with it, but I made it into a dew shield for my telescope instead.

Mine need rolling "the other way" on about a 3 month cycle.
I deem this "OK"

I have small children to hold the bags open for me - and the telescope was a
needy cause at the time! ;-)

bugbear

adm wrote:
I have small children to hold the bags open for me

I reckon a bag loader is cheaper!

BugBear

Survey: A Little Feedback For Cliff BottleBob Metalworking 165 May 24th 05 09:32 PM
Try this Gunner Cliff Metalworking 417 April 26th 05 08:30 PM
OT - Delay, Delay Cliff Metalworking 127 April 21st 05 09:06 AM
Pearl Harbor Walt LeRoy Metalworking 77 December 15th 03 06:36 AM