Nospam

Default woodlice epecially when it rains

I have a wood lice problem I notice it whenever it rains, they seem to come
from underneath the floorboards in the kitchen, I am at the ground floor
flat and I am guessing that there is some rotten timber down there, what can
I use to dry the area and get rid of these irritants?

fred

In article , Nospam
writes
I have a wood lice problem I notice it whenever it rains, they seem to come
from underneath the floorboards in the kitchen, I am at the ground floor
flat and I am guessing that there is some rotten timber down there, what can
I use to dry the area and get rid of these irritants?

You're right, they're usually a sign of damp so you could say they're
helpfully warning you that you have a problem, hopefully not at the rot
stage yet (they just like damp). I'm afraid it means looking for the source of
the damp, probably by lifting part of the floor & poking around underneath.
--
fred
Set Square

Nospam wrote:

I have a wood lice problem I notice it whenever it rains, they seem
to come from underneath the floorboards in the kitchen, I am at the
ground floor flat and I am guessing that there is some rotten timber
down there, what can I use to dry the area and get rid of these
irritants?

I get quite a few in my lounge - on a solid carpeted floor. Not sure what
they find attractive about that! If I find live ones, I pick them up and
dump them outside - but as often as not, they walk part-way round the the
skirting board and *die* - so it's a vacuum cleaner job.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

mogga

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:00:39 +0100, "Set Square"

Nospam wrote:

I have a wood lice problem I notice it whenever it rains, they seem
to come from underneath the floorboards in the kitchen, I am at the
ground floor flat and I am guessing that there is some rotten timber
down there, what can I use to dry the area and get rid of these
irritants?

I get quite a few in my lounge - on a solid carpeted floor. Not sure what
they find attractive about that! If I find live ones, I pick them up and
dump them outside - but as often as not, they walk part-way round the the
skirting board and *die* - so it's a vacuum cleaner job.

You don't have a cat do you? Mine brings them in.
--
Promotional codes, discounts, money off
http://www.promotionalcode.co.uk/
Set Square

mogga wrote:

I get quite a few in my lounge - on a solid carpeted floor. Not sure
what they find attractive about that! If I find live ones, I pick
them up and dump them outside - but as often as not, they walk
part-way round the the skirting board and *die* - so it's a vacuum
cleaner job.

You don't have a cat do you? Mine brings them in.

Nope!
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
mogga wrote:
I get quite a few in my lounge - on a solid carpeted floor. Not sure
what they find attractive about that! If I find live ones, I pick them
up and dump them outside - but as often as not, they walk part-way
round the the skirting board and *die* - so it's a vacuum cleaner job.

You don't have a cat do you? Mine brings them in.

Your cat brings in wood lice? How? Mine prefers rats, squirrels and
pigeons. But he's fighting a losing battle.

--
*When did my wild oats turn to prunes and all bran?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Colin Wilson

You don't have a cat do you? Mine brings them in.

Ours used to have a thing for slugs - it was as though it went around
rolling over them to collect a few, then come in the house, roll around
some more depositing as many as it could.

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****