Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Junior Member

Default fitting Y valve to central heating.

Hi

i am about to replace my conventional boiler so at the same time i am looking to improve my system.

We have a storage tank in the airing cupboard with the pump below it. When our boiler kicks in it heats the water AND the radiators. We have no control of this, in the summer we just turn all the radiators off. In the winter when we need the heating on all day our hot water boils all day aswell!.
We also dont have any room thermostat either.

1. Can i fit a y valve to control heating/water ?
2. do i have to pull cables in to control the valve?
3. i want to fit a wireless thermostat, are these any good?

any other tips or suggestions much appreciated

Daz

Central Heating Problem - Mid Pos Valve astewart1 UK diy 2 July 15th 05 09:12 AM
Several things wrong with new flat - no central heating, low hot water pressure even with water pump, noisey pump kiich UK diy 69 July 13th 05 07:36 PM
Central Heating Problems Amos UK diy 6 December 9th 04 01:44 PM
15mm or 22mm copper pipe for central heating? simon_london UK diy 3 January 19th 04 03:43 PM
Central Heating - Problem with 3 way valve wiring. John UK diy 1 October 3rd 03 06:28 PM