dbroms dbroms is offline
Junior Member

Hi guys

many thanks for the replies. I am still trying to fully understand what system i have at the moment. I think i have pumped central heating and gravity hot water.
After the pump the pipe splits into two, one goes to the coil inside my storage tank and the other (25mm) i assume goes to my radiators.
I dont seem to have a stat on the tank, the only thing i can find is on the coil outlet from the tank i have what looks like a trv valve with a thermocouple wire from it which goes to an aluminium block strapped to the tank.

I have been reading on here and people seem to convert to a C plan arrangement.

Why cant i just fit a 3 way valve after the pump?

I am sorry for what might seem basic questions but this gets more and more confusing the more i read.

Thanks

Daz