mike ring

dbroms wrote in
:
We also dont have any room thermostat either.

1. Can i fit a y valve to control heating/water ?

Yes, but we need to know more - can you do simple wiring and pipework,
using compression fittings if you don't like to solder; and simple (but
mains, so you need to be competent) wiring?

2. do i have to pull cables in to control the valve?

Possibly not, I think the services you need will be there or thereabouts.
You'll need a controller near the valve, which is usually near the pump.
The wires to your boiler exist, I presume it's fired by the cylinder stat.

3. i want to fit a wireless thermostat, are these any good?

You'll need a cable to a room stat, I guess not if you use a wireless one,
but I've no experience of them.

There's plenty more experienced folks than me here, but they'll all need
answers to the above, so post them and they'll be right on your case ;o)

mike