dbroms dbroms is offline
Junior Member

Default fitting Y valve to central heating.

Hi

i am about to replace my conventional boiler so at the same time i am looking to improve my system.

We have a storage tank in the airing cupboard with the pump below it. When our boiler kicks in it heats the water AND the radiators. We have no control of this, in the summer we just turn all the radiators off. In the winter when we need the heating on all day our hot water boils all day aswell!.
We also dont have any room thermostat either.

1. Can i fit a y valve to control heating/water ?
2. do i have to pull cables in to control the valve?
3. i want to fit a wireless thermostat, are these any good?

any other tips or suggestions much appreciated

Daz