Bob Minchin

Default Price for Concrete blocks please

Hi, I'm trying to estimate the cost of materials for a workshop in my
garden.I need about 650 concrete blocks 440x215x100mm. I want the exterior
type not the featherweight insulating ones.

Has anyone bought any recently and know what price to expect for this sort
of quantity. I've seen a 1 off price on line of £1.12ea but I rather hope
they will be much cheaper in quantity.

TIA

Bob

Andy

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Hi, I'm trying to estimate the cost of materials for a workshop in my
garden.I need about 650 concrete blocks 440x215x100mm. I want the exterior
type not the featherweight insulating ones.

Has anyone bought any recently and know what price to expect for this sort
of quantity. I've seen a 1 off price on line of £1.12ea but I rather hope
they will be much cheaper in quantity.

TIA

Bob

They are available for 70p/block near me. Even Wickes will come in at about
85p/block.
Medium density breezeblock.

Andy.

Bob Minchin

Andy wrote in message ...

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Hi, I'm trying to estimate the cost of materials for a workshop in my
garden.I need about 650 concrete blocks 440x215x100mm. I want the

exterior
type not the featherweight insulating ones.

Has anyone bought any recently and know what price to expect for this

sort
of quantity. I've seen a 1 off price on line of £1.12ea but I rather hope
they will be much cheaper in quantity.

TIA

Bob

They are available for 70p/block near me. Even Wickes will come in at about
85p/block.
Medium density breezeblock.

Andy.

Thanks Andy.
That sounds a lot better price. I'll checkout the local BMs tomorrow armed
with a bargaining start price.

Regards

Bob

Dr Wu

77p each? It depends on whether you want paint finish or the ordinary
(rougher)ones. Ring Travis Perkins or a similiar builders merchant and ask
how much including delivery and offload.
"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Hi, I'm trying to estimate the cost of materials for a workshop in my
garden.I need about 650 concrete blocks 440x215x100mm. I want the exterior
type not the featherweight insulating ones.

Has anyone bought any recently and know what price to expect for this sort
of quantity. I've seen a 1 off price on line of £1.12ea but I rather hope
they will be much cheaper in quantity.

TIA

Bob

Bob Minchin

Dr Wu wrote in message ...
77p each? It depends on whether you want paint finish or the ordinary
(rougher)ones. Ring Travis Perkins or a similiar builders merchant and ask
how much including delivery and offload.
"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Hi, I'm trying to estimate the cost of materials for a workshop in my
garden.I need about 650 concrete blocks 440x215x100mm. I want the

exterior
type not the featherweight insulating ones.

Has anyone bought any recently and know what price to expect for this

sort
of quantity. I've seen a 1 off price on line of £1.12ea but I rather hope
they will be much cheaper in quantity.

TIA

Bob

Thanks Dr Wu. I'll phone around tomorrow
The £1.12 price was TP online - hopefully they will be more realisitic for a
larger order.

Regards

Bob

Chris Bacon

Bob Minchin wrote:
Dr Wu wrote...
77p each? It depends on whether you want paint finish or the ordinary
(rougher)ones. Ring Travis Perkins or a similiar builders merchant and ask
how much including delivery and offload.
"Bob Minchin" wrote...
Hi, I'm trying to estimate the cost of materials for a workshop in my
garden.I need about 650 concrete blocks 440x215x100mm. I want the

exterior
type not the featherweight insulating ones.
Has anyone bought any recently and know what price to expect for this

sort
of quantity. I've seen a 1 off price on line of £1.12ea but I rather hope
they will be much cheaper in quantity.

Thanks Dr Wu. I'll phone around tomorrow
The £1.12 price was TP online - hopefully they will be more realisitic for a
larger order.

No attempt made to sort out the mess of attributions above.

TP will be better if you talk to them. You can get a "cash card"
off them which will improve matters. Tou could probably get a better
deal approaching Jewsons and mentioning TP prices, when they've
stopped laughing they should talk to you & give free delivery.

Chris Bacon wrote:
Bob Minchin wrote:
Dr Wu wrote...
77p each? It depends on whether you want paint finish or the ordinary
(rougher)ones. Ring Travis Perkins or a similiar builders merchant and =

ask
how much including delivery and offload.
"Bob Minchin" wrote...
Hi, I'm trying to estimate the cost of materials for a workshop in my
garden.I need about 650 concrete blocks 440x215x100mm. I want the

exterior
type not the featherweight insulating ones.
Has anyone bought any recently and know what price to expect for this

sort
of quantity. I've seen a 1 off price on line of =A31.12ea but I rather=

hope
they will be much cheaper in quantity.

Thanks Dr Wu. I'll phone around tomorrow
The =A31.12 price was TP online - hopefully they will be more realisiti=

c for a
larger order.

No attempt made to sort out the mess of attributions above.

TP will be better if you talk to them. You can get a "cash card"
off them which will improve matters. Tou could probably get a better
deal approaching Jewsons and mentioning TP prices, when they've
stopped laughing they should talk to you & give free delivery.

In my case it worked the other way around.

Staff at Jewson have had a customer service lobotomy and couldn't care
less "If it's in the yard it's in stock, go and look for yourself"

Go to TP and a quick check on the computer shows it's in stock for
delivery tomorrow AM. Tell them how wonderful they are compared to
Jewson and get a big discount!

MBQ

Andy

Dr Wu wrote in message ...
[...]

Funny that, because I heard that Wickes is owned by Travis Perkins. My
prices I quoted do not include delivery BTW.

Andy.

Rick

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 15:32:33 GMT, "Bob Minchin"
wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to estimate the cost of materials for a workshop in my
garden.I need about 650 concrete blocks 440x215x100mm. I want the exterior
type not the featherweight insulating ones.

Has anyone bought any recently and know what price to expect for this sort
of quantity. I've seen a 1 off price on line of £1.12ea but I rather hope
they will be much cheaper in quantity.

TIA

Bob

7N dence blocks, 82p each inc VAT from B&Q.

Builders merchants don't have a price list, rater a price guide, and
you negoiate, like buying a 2nd hand car. The more you buy the more
you can get off. Watch out, Travis Perkins for example charge 50 quid
for 800KG of sand, which is massivly expensive. The point is, you get
the blocks 1p cheeper from travis perkins, and then they sting you for
sand.

Rick