Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
James Amor

Default Bathroom Repair/Aquapanel advice

Hi,

I'm refitting a bathroom that has had serious water damage to the
plasterwork behind the tiles in the shower end of the bath (failed grout....
years ago!). To minimise disruption to the bathroom I was thinking of
knocking off the knackered plaster (back to the brick), fixing aquapanel
onto the brickwork, and then tiling onto the aquapanel.

My problem is - I've spoken to the manufacturers of aquapanel, who are
adamant that it must be applied to batons (drylined), but they have not
explained why it can't be done any other way. This causes me a problem as
the bathroom is only 2m square, so drylining will take up precious space.

My question is - can anyone see a problem with (or had experience with)
using an adhesive and plugs/screws at 400mm centres to fix the aquapanel
straight to the brickwork? Aquapanel instructions are to fasten it at 600mm
centres, so adhesive plus smaller centres should be belt and braces
shouldn't it, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
James