John Rumm

James Amor wrote:

My problem is - I've spoken to the manufacturers of aquapanel, who are
adamant that it must be applied to batons (drylined), but they have not
explained why it can't be done any other way. This causes me a problem as
the bathroom is only 2m square, so drylining will take up precious space.

Have you thought of simply rendering the wall using a sand cement mortar
with some waterproof admixture in it, and then tiling straight onto that?

That is (sort of) what I did with mine, although onto ply rather than brick:

http://www.internode.co.uk/loft/shower.htm

--
Cheers,

John.