Tiger Zero

Default new toilet pan connector

I am refitting my bathroom and am trying to change the toilet. I have
bought a new pan connector but thr plastic fins will not fit in the old
metal stench pipe. The old pipe is just under 4" in diameter and the
other end will not go in what so ever! The old connector appears to
have an adapter to make it smaller, is this what i need. It also was
siliconed in place. Have i just answered my own question!

Thanks in advance

Chris Bacon

Tiger Zero wrote:
I am refitting my bathroom and am trying to change the toilet. I have
bought a new pan connector but thr plastic fins will not fit in the old
metal stench pipe. The old pipe is just under 4" in diameter and the
other end will not go in what so ever! The old connector appears to
have an adapter to make it smaller, is this what i need. It also was
siliconed in place. Have i just answered my own question!

Possibly, but I'm al farid that I did not understand your question.
Will you expand on it?
Tiger Zero

Sorry, its been a long day! Basically I have a modern toilet with a new
pan connector (with a standard fin fitting to insert into the soil
pipe), but it is too big to fit into the old (1930's) cast iron soil
pipe. Do i just purchase an adapter to go between the two? If so are
they easily available? Hope this explains it?

John Rumm

Tiger Zero wrote:

I am refitting my bathroom and am trying to change the toilet. I have
bought a new pan connector but thr plastic fins will not fit in the old
metal stench pipe. The old pipe is just under 4" in diameter and the
other end will not go in what so ever! The old connector appears to
have an adapter to make it smaller, is this what i need. It also was
siliconed in place. Have i just answered my own question!

Better to avoid having to rely on silocone if you can. It sounds like
you just need a connector with a smaller outlet. Most commonly avialable
ones are designed for 110mm soil pipe, however you can get various sizes:

Product code: WC-CON5B foe example -

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/cgi-...l?piid=1006002

--
Cheers,

John.

Andy

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
Tiger Zero wrote:
I am refitting my bathroom and am trying to change the toilet. I have
bought a new pan connector but thr plastic fins will not fit in the old
metal stench pipe. The old pipe is just under 4" in diameter and the
other end will not go in what so ever! The old connector appears to
have an adapter to make it smaller, is this what i need. It also was
siliconed in place. Have i just answered my own question!

I don't understand this: just under 4" means what? I have inserted a waste
pipe adapter into 4" pipes with ease before now, so unless it's a lot under
4" I don't see the problem. We are talking about an adapter with a finned
rubber seal at the soil pipe end, aren't we?

Andy.

Tony Bryer

In article .com, Tiger
Zero wrote:
Sorry, its been a long day! Basically I have a modern toilet with a new
pan connector (with a standard fin fitting to insert into the soil
pipe), but it is too big to fit into the old (1930's) cast iron soil
pipe. Do i just purchase an adapter to go between the two? If so are
they easily available? Hope this explains it?

Some 1930's soil pipes are 3 1/2" bore. If you go to a decent plumbers
merchants they will have the right Multikwik adapter.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]