Puddin' Man

Default Toilet flush connector

Toilet flush connector

Hi,

I have a standard flush toilet such as were commonly installed
in the midwest in the 50's.

It has a flap stopper that works OK (I had to drill a hole
in it). The handle/lever looks OK.

Question is, what should I use to connect the lever to
the stopper? I have tried nylon cord, wire, and chain
in the past. All, in time, presented problems.

Because the stopper seals OK, I don't wish to replace it.
Just fashion something to connect it to the lever so
it won't jam/kink etc.

Any/all suggestions most welcome.

Cheers,
Puddin'

*** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom ***
************************************************** ****;
David Martel

Chain is pretty common.

Dave M.

SQLit

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
Toilet flush connector

Hi,

I have a standard flush toilet such as were commonly installed
in the midwest in the 50's.

It has a flap stopper that works OK (I had to drill a hole
in it). The handle/lever looks OK.

Question is, what should I use to connect the lever to
the stopper? I have tried nylon cord, wire, and chain
in the past. All, in time, presented problems.

Because the stopper seals OK, I don't wish to replace it.
Just fashion something to connect it to the lever so
it won't jam/kink etc.

Any/all suggestions most welcome.

if you can tie the correct knot....... fishing line with a couple of split
sinkers spaced to keep it untangled.

Stormin Mormon

Most toilets use a brass chain. YOu can also fashion a nylon tie strap,
maybe. But the brass chain is a good idea.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
Toilet flush connector

Hi,

I have a standard flush toilet such as were commonly installed
in the midwest in the 50's.

It has a flap stopper that works OK (I had to drill a hole
in it). The handle/lever looks OK.

Question is, what should I use to connect the lever to
the stopper? I have tried nylon cord, wire, and chain
in the past. All, in time, presented problems.

Because the stopper seals OK, I don't wish to replace it.
Just fashion something to connect it to the lever so
it won't jam/kink etc.

Any/all suggestions most welcome.

Cheers,
Puddin'

*** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom ***
************************************************** ****;

Matt

Just leave the top off the tank, then reach in and pull the flapper up.
This way you wash your hands and flush the toilet in one highly
efficient step.

Puddin' Man

On 28 Feb 2005 11:38:36 -0800, "Matt" wrote:

Just leave the top off the tank, then reach in and pull the flapper up.
This way you wash your hands and flush the toilet in one highly
efficient step.

Works Great. Particularly just before ya rip into a nice, big
Kentucky Fried Chicken dinner or a mess of BBQ.

Give it a try!!!

Puddin'

*** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom ***
************************************************** ****;
Puddin' Man

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:03:37 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Most toilets use a brass chain. YOu can also fashion a nylon tie strap,
maybe. But the brass chain is a good idea.

The way I'm set up, -any- kind of chain is gonna kink.

I guess I'll try the nylon cord again ...

Thanks,
Puddin'

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
.. .
Toilet flush connector

Hi,

I have a standard flush toilet such as were commonly installed
in the midwest in the 50's.

It has a flap stopper that works OK (I had to drill a hole
in it). The handle/lever looks OK.

Question is, what should I use to connect the lever to
the stopper? I have tried nylon cord, wire, and chain
in the past. All, in time, presented problems.

Because the stopper seals OK, I don't wish to replace it.
Just fashion something to connect it to the lever so
it won't jam/kink etc.

Any/all suggestions most welcome.

Cheers,
Puddin'

************************************************* *****
*** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom ***
************************************************* *****;

*** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom ***
************************************************** ****;
Matt

Why in the world do you think I would suggest anything that I havnt
checked out myself?

Nehmo Sergheyev

- Puddin' Man -
The way I'm set up, -any- kind of chain is gonna kink.
I guess I'll try the nylon cord again ...

- Nehmo -
A new flush valve with cord included would not costs much, but I
understand. I've permanently fixed some toilets with what was available
in the washroom: dental floss works okay. Use a doubled-up strand, and
make sure the knot it secure.

--
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Lazy toilet flush tflfb Home Repair 2 July 8th 04 01:53 AM
toilet makes other toilet flush Spitfire 1500 Home Repair 3 June 7th 04 03:28 AM
Toilet Flexible Connector Issues Help! Quddus UK diy 12 January 12th 04 04:32 PM
Power Flush toilet problems William Lee Home Repair 1 December 25th 03 11:23 PM
Toilet won't flush without holding down handle Bob Greene Home Repair 4 October 26th 03 11:42 PM