raden

Default Rogue Traders

Matt Allwright, tedious little **** that he is, nevertheless exposed the
International Man of Mystery

dIMM, you've been sussed

--
geoff
Sparks

"raden" wrote in message

Matt Allwright, tedious little **** that he is, nevertheless exposed the
International Man of Mystery

dIMM, you've been sussed

--
geoff

:-)

Can I smell gas?

Yea, that would be a bit that was in the pump

Oh right, I always thought that there should be WATER in there!!!!

Dave

raden wrote:

Matt Allwright, tedious little **** that he is, nevertheless exposed the
International Man of Mystery

dIMM, you've been sussed

Aww! I missed that prog.

Please do tell.

Dave
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
raden wrote:
Matt Allwright, tedious little **** that he is, nevertheless exposed the
International Man of Mystery

dIMM, you've been sussed

;-)

Explain?

--
*Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
raden

In message , Dave
writes
raden wrote:

Matt Allwright, tedious little **** that he is, nevertheless exposed
the International Man of Mystery
dIMM, you've been sussed

Aww! I missed that prog.

Please do tell.

One of their rogue traders - a, well, let's call him a CH fitter for
want of a better world, was a man trading as B & H Gas fitters or
something, without CORGI registration (dIMM has already admitted to not
being CORGI registered)

He got christened by Matt "The International Man of Mystery" and has a
court order against him banning him from going anywhere near gas
appliances.

I wonder if someone from the BBC is lurking in uk.d-i-y and has a sense
of humour ?

If you want to watch it, I have it on the HDD and can make a DVD for you

--
geoff

raden

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
raden wrote:
Matt Allwright, tedious little **** that he is, nevertheless exposed the
International Man of Mystery

dIMM, you've been sussed

;-)

Explain?

OK, how many other people want a DVD of the program ?

name and address to my email addy

--
geoff
Lurch

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:58:27 GMT, raden scrawled:

OK, how many other people want a DVD of the program ?

Seen it once, already having the nightmares.
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group
Mr Fizzion

raden wrote:
Matt Allwright, tedious little **** that he is, nevertheless exposed the
International Man of Mystery

dIMM, you've been sussed

;-)

Explain?

OK, how many other people want a DVD of the program ?

name and address to my email addy

Can you up to some bittorrent site?

Mr F.

Andy Hall

raden wrote:
Matt Allwright, tedious little **** that he is, nevertheless exposed the
International Man of Mystery

dIMM, you've been sussed

;-)

Explain?

OK, how many other people want a DVD of the program ?

name and address to my email addy

Could you maybe compress it down with DIVX or Windows Media Encoder
(free from M$) and put the file on an FTP site, Geoff?

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
raden

In message , Andy Hall
writes

raden wrote:
Matt Allwright, tedious little **** that he is, nevertheless exposed the
International Man of Mystery

dIMM, you've been sussed

;-)

Explain?

OK, how many other people want a DVD of the program ?

name and address to my email addy

Could you maybe compress it down with DIVX or Windows Media Encoder
(free from M$) and put the file on an FTP site, Geoff?

I'll see what I can do - I'll have to convert it to a computer readable
format first

--
geoff

raden wrote:

I wonder if someone from the BBC is lurking in uk.d-i-y and has a sense
of humour ?

That wouldn't be a certain "Matthew Marks", original 'facilitator' for
want of a better word of uk.d-i-y?

Never caught the show, but I guess it will be repeated somewhere.

Mungo

Pete C

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:30:27 GMT, raden wrote:

I'll see what I can do - I'll have to convert it to a computer readable
format first

Hi,

If you burn it to a DVD first then Gordian Knot and AutoGK are worth a
look for getting it to a shareable format.

cheers,
Pete.
raden

In message , Rob Morley
writes

OK, how many other people want a DVD of the program ?

name and address to my email addy

Could you maybe compress it down with DIVX or Windows Media Encoder
(free from M$) and put the file on an FTP site, Geoff?

I'll see what I can do - I'll have to convert it to a computer readable
format first

Last time I looked DVDs were computer readable :-)

I was thinking of editing it

on second thoughts, everyone's got broadband now haven't they ?

On the subject of which, has anybody looked at bethere ?

They claim an UP TO 24 meg connection for £20/month if you sign up by
the 18th

--
geoff

Rob Morley

In article , says...
snip
I was thinking of editing it
=20
on second thoughts, everyone's got broadband now haven't they ?

http://www.dvdshrink.org/
=20
On the subject of which, has anybody looked at bethere ?
=20
They claim an UP TO 24 meg connection for =A320/month if you sign up by=

=20
the 18th
=20
=20

If lots of people sign up they'll be sharing the 24 meg between them,=20
and if not enough people sign up they won't be able to maintain the=20
service ... (only guessing)

raden

In message , Rob Morley
writes
In article , says...
snip
I was thinking of editing it

on second thoughts, everyone's got broadband now haven't they ?

http://www.dvdshrink.org/

On the subject of which, has anybody looked at bethere ?

They claim an UP TO 24 meg connection for £20/month if you sign up by
the 18th

If lots of people sign up they'll be sharing the 24 meg between them,
and if not enough people sign up they won't be able to maintain the
service ... (only guessing)

Same with most ISPs - here on NTL I'm subject to contention and paying
more for a 2 meg connection

--
geoff
Rob Morley

In article , says...
In message , Rob Morley=20
writes
In article ,
says...
snip
I was thinking of editing it

on second thoughts, everyone's got broadband now haven't they ?

http://www.dvdshrink.org/

On the subject of which, has anybody looked at bethere ?

They claim an UP TO 24 meg connection for =A320/month if you sign up b=

the 18th

If lots of people sign up they'll be sharing the 24 meg between them,
and if not enough people sign up they won't be able to maintain the
service ... (only guessing)

Same with most ISPs - here on NTL I'm subject to contention and paying=20
more for a 2 meg connection
=20

I was just pointing out that their "up to" figure might not materialise=20
for most users, and if it did the service wouldn't last long.
raden

[...]

And you think I put those exact words in caps for fun ?

--
geoff
Rob Morley

[...]

I didn't even notice :-\

raden

[...]

/me throws board duster

detention for you m'boy

--
geoff
Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Dave
writes
raden wrote:

Matt Allwright, tedious little **** that he is, nevertheless exposed
the International Man of Mystery
dIMM, you've been sussed

Aww! I missed that prog.

Please do tell.

One of their rogue traders - a, well, let's call him a CH fitter for
want of a better world, was a man trading as B & H Gas fitters or
something, without CORGI registration (dIMM has already admitted to not
being CORGI registered)

Maxie!!! Do have Dim Lin, the Oriental enchantress, driving around in an
enchanted CORGI van? Committing havoc upon the western world as we know it?
So, you get the rap then, your front woman does. Maxie, you are a one.

Mary Fisher

"Owain" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
detention for you m'boy
It's been a long time, but that still has a familiar ring :-)

It was never said to me.
But I was at a girls' school ...

And very pretty in your pigtails and pink gingham pinafore I'm sure you
were too.

Not especially, nor were there pigtails for me and pink gingham for anyone.
Spotless white aprons or green lab coats protected our bottle green
gymslips.

At least they taught you how to use apostrophes correctly.

Yes, would that it was considered as important now :-(

English grammar and spelling and Latin were the best things I ever learned.
They weren't the only lessons though. I didn't excel at everything -
especially maths, history and sports.

Nor did I learn from detentions, lines and other punishments ...

Mary

Owain

raden

In message s.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Dave
writes
raden wrote:

Matt Allwright, tedious little **** that he is, nevertheless exposed
the International Man of Mystery
dIMM, you've been sussed

Aww! I missed that prog.

Please do tell.

One of their rogue traders - a, well, let's call him a CH fitter for
want of a better world, was a man trading as B & H Gas fitters or
something, without CORGI registration (dIMM has already admitted to not
being CORGI registered)

Maxie!!! Do have Dim Lin, the Oriental enchantress, driving around in an
enchanted CORGI van? Committing havoc upon the western world as we know it?
So, you get the rap then, your front woman does. Maxie, you are a one.

That "holiday" he had in the clinic didn't do him much good, did it ?

--
geoff
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message

That "holiday" he had in the clinic didn't do him much good, did it ?

Nice for us while it lasted though :-)

Mary

--
geoff

Doctor Drivel

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"raden" wrote in message

That "holiday" he had in the clinic didn't do him much good, did it ?

Nice for us while it lasted though :-)

Mary

Have you been in a clinic recently?

raden

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

English grammar and spelling and Latin were the best things I ever learned.
They weren't the only lessons though. I didn't excel at everything -
especially maths, history and sports.

Nor did I learn from detentions, lines and other punishments ...

"Nothing is more distressing to a well regulated mind than the sight of
a person who ought to know better disporting himself in an improper
manner at an improper time"

I still remember

in "units" of 30

--
geoff
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

English grammar and spelling and Latin were the best things I ever
learned.
They weren't the only lessons though. I didn't excel at everything -
especially maths, history and sports.

Nor did I learn from detentions, lines and other punishments ...

"Nothing is more distressing to a well regulated mind than the sight of a
person who ought to know better disporting himself in an improper manner
at an improper time"

Only the pompous would claim to have a well regulated mind, in my opinion.
They deserve to be distressed.

I still remember

What - disporting yourself?

Climbing a tree in a sarong?

:-)

Mary

raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"raden" wrote in message

That "holiday" he had in the clinic didn't do him much good, did it ?

Nice for us while it lasted though :-)

Mary

Have you been in a clinic recently?

No, who would want to come and visit you ?

--
geoff
Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"raden" wrote in message

That "holiday" he had in the clinic didn't do him much good, did it ?

Nice for us while it lasted though :-)

Mary

Have you been in a clinic recently?

No, who would want to come and visit you ?

I have a fabulous bedside manner Maxie.

Mary Fisher

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...

We had to write an essay (choice of subject from a list of about eight)
and if it was rubbish or too short you'd be back in detention the next
week. ISTR that I just wrote the same essay every time (which was most
weeks at one point) - Sunday afternoons were such fun :-)

You were at boarding school???

There's posh!

I always wanted to go to boarding school :-(

Mary

raden

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
et...

We had to write an essay (choice of subject from a list of about eight)
and if it was rubbish or too short you'd be back in detention the next
week. ISTR that I just wrote the same essay every time (which was most
weeks at one point) - Sunday afternoons were such fun :-)

You were at boarding school???

There's posh!

I always wanted to go to boarding school :-(

Believe me, you wouldn't have

.... after the first day at least

--
geoff
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message

You were at boarding school???

There's posh!

I always wanted to go to boarding school :-(

Believe me, you wouldn't have

... after the first day at least

You don't know that.

Mary

--
geoff

DJC

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Owain" wrote in message
At least they taught you how to use apostrophes correctly.

Yes, would that it was considered as important now :-(

ITYM would that it were

English grammar and spelling and Latin were the best things I ever learned.

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"