John Rumm

Default OT Free to a good home - Electronics Magazines

Having a bit of an office clearout, and some things have got to go!

Anyone want a collection of "Electronics" the Maplin Magazine?

These date from the first issues in the early 80's until the 90's. They
are full of projects and quite a few interesting articles charting "new"
technology on the brink of intruduction along with detailed explanations
of the workings (topics include CD players and NICAM 728 TV stereo sound ;-)

Probaby 40 mags or so in total. Collect from SE Essex, or I could post
if you want (they are quite lightweight paper - especially the early
issues, so not as expensive as it sounds!)

--
Cheers,

John.

Tim Morley

Wow John, I remember these as a kid
Used to love building their kits up!

I never saved up enough to buy the nicam stereo kit. If I remember it was
about £120 ??

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Having a bit of an office clearout, and some things have got to go!

Anyone want a collection of "Electronics" the Maplin Magazine?

These date from the first issues in the early 80's until the 90's. They
are full of projects and quite a few interesting articles charting "new"
technology on the brink of intruduction along with detailed explanations
of the workings (topics include CD players and NICAM 728 TV stereo sound
;-)

Probaby 40 mags or so in total. Collect from SE Essex, or I could post if
you want (they are quite lightweight paper - especially the early issues,
so not as expensive as it sounds!)

--
Cheers,

John.

John Rumm

Tim Morley wrote:

Wow John, I remember these as a kid

Me too! (started collecting them when I was about 12 IIRC)

Used to love building their kits up!

I never saved up enough to buy the nicam stereo kit. If I remember it was
about ï½£120 ??

Oh what the decoder projected they did? Nope never built one myself
(found it was easier to buy a nicam video instead)... but I do know
someone who did make one. Still works as well.

(I always facied building their 25W MOSFET stereo amplifier project
though. The only problem was the price of what started at about 40 or 50
quid - by the time I had saved enough to buy the kit it had gone up in
price - and seemed to keep doing that until they finally discontinued
the kit!)

--
Cheers,

John.

John Rumm

Gary Cavie wrote:

Yes, would love them, and only live in Tiptree, so could quite easily
arrange to collect them.

Oh, a taker... Well done that man. Drop me an email and we can sort out
something...

(In fact I will be going to Tiptree next week anyway).

--
Cheers,

John.

raden

In message , John
Rumm writes
Having a bit of an office clearout, and some things have got to go!

Anyone want a collection of "Electronics" the Maplin Magazine?

These date from the first issues in the early 80's until the 90's. They
are full of projects and quite a few interesting articles charting
"new" technology on the brink of intruduction along with detailed
explanations of the workings (topics include CD players and NICAM 728
TV stereo sound ;-)

Probaby 40 mags or so in total. Collect from SE Essex, or I could post
if you want (they are quite lightweight paper - especially the early
issues, so not as expensive as it sounds!)

Same problem with Practical Electronics, Wireless World, new Scientist,
Private eye, IEEE proceedings ... etc

Although I can't currently get to them atm, so out of sight out of mind

--
geoff

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Home Depot Scorns Christian Groups Ben Siders Woodworking 63 August 26th 04 02:52 PM
Cheap To A Good Home Jimbo Metalworking 17 November 4th 03 12:19 PM