Jimbo

Default Cheap To A Good Home

My son brought home an old Miller Big 20 300 Amp portable welder because the
shop he worked at said it was to old and ugly to waste any time or money on
getting it running again.

To make a long story short the old flat head Continental engine runs like a
watch at a nice slow steady 1800 RPM and as a bonus it welds great. The
trailer isn't in very good shape and it needs a new tire and rim.

It can be seen 60 miles outside Toronto Canada.

Anyone interested can contact me at

Gunner

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 18:40:14 -0500, "Jimbo" .
wrote:

My son brought home an old Miller Big 20 300 Amp portable welder because the
shop he worked at said it was to old and ugly to waste any time or money on
getting it running again.

To make a long story short the old flat head Continental engine runs like a
watch at a nice slow steady 1800 RPM and as a bonus it welds great. The
trailer isn't in very good shape and it needs a new tire and rim.

It can be seen 60 miles outside Toronto Canada.

Damn..thats a ways from California..right?

Gunner

Anyone interested can contact me at

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are
so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry
Roy

Yep, and its still to far for a roadtrip from Alabama, but if the
tires on it are decent, maybe one of those snowbirds that are now
ppopulating this area would haul it this way! I ain't complaining,
but most of the time anymore this time of year I look around and
think, Have I been teleported to the great white north, as everywhere
you look is Canadian tags. Although its cool and sometimes cold for us
in the dep south, especially when the temps drop to the 50's, the
northern folks are still out sporting short sleeves and shorts. I get
to meet a lot of nice interesting canadians though. What usually is
just a 5 minute trip to fill up a gas can etc at the local Stuckeys
Pecan Store, (tourist trap) now turns into an hour or more affair
giving directions and telling them where the best places to eat are
at. Its very interesting.

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 04:19:09 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

===On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 18:40:14 -0500, "Jimbo" .
===wrote:
===
[...]

Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
andy asberry

wrote:

My son brought home an old Miller Big 20 300 Amp portable welder because the
shop he worked at said it was to old and ugly to waste any time or money on
getting it running again.

To make a long story short the old flat head Continental engine runs like a
watch at a nice slow steady 1800 RPM and as a bonus it welds great. The
trailer isn't in very good shape and it needs a new tire and rim.

It can be seen 60 miles outside Toronto Canada.

Damn..thats a ways from California..right?

Gunner

It ain't far from Mike Graham though.

RKurtz

Wasn't Miss Jaime taking welding classes?

Miller Big 20 300 Amp portable welder = whale bait.

I'd ask for pictures, but, you know......

LMAO
Ron

Brian Lawson

wrote:

My son brought home an old Miller Big 20 300 Amp portable welder because the
shop he worked at said it was to old and ugly to waste any time or money on
getting it running again.

To make a long story short the old flat head Continental engine runs like a
watch at a nice slow steady 1800 RPM and as a bonus it welds great. The
trailer isn't in very good shape and it needs a new tire and rim.

It can be seen 60 miles outside Toronto Canada.

Damn..thats a ways from California..right?

Gunner

Hey Gunner,

NAW! A straight 48 hour drive. Done it myself.

Why, you really interested? Only 3 hours from Detroit if you ever
come "home" for a visit.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Anyone interested can contact me at

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are
so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Bob Swinney

Brian,

What about Mike. Haven't "seen" him here lately. I still regret missing
Mike and yourself at NAMES this year.

Bob Swinney

wrote:

[...]

Gunner

wrote:

My son brought home an old Miller Big 20 300 Amp portable welder because the
shop he worked at said it was to old and ugly to waste any time or money on
getting it running again.

To make a long story short the old flat head Continental engine runs like a
watch at a nice slow steady 1800 RPM and as a bonus it welds great. The
trailer isn't in very good shape and it needs a new tire and rim.

It can be seen 60 miles outside Toronto Canada.

Damn..thats a ways from California..right?

Gunner

Hey Gunner,

NAW! A straight 48 hour drive. Done it myself.

Why, you really interested? Only 3 hours from Detroit if you ever
come "home" for a visit.

Brian Lawson,

Id love to have the beasty..but I really dont have much use for it. If
I need that much amperage, I go down to the stop n rob, buy a case of
Bud, and go find an oil field welder. Works pretty good too if I need
a hydrocrane to move a machine tool.

When I put up my flag pole, I scrounged around for the pipe, and when
the word got out I was putting up a flag pole, with a US and MIA flag,
the pipe mysteriously showed up, as did a couple bags of sacked
concrete and a welder I only knew on sight happened by to weld every
thing up. A quick call by the welder got a hydrocrane to raise it.
I bought some tri-tip and fed everybody, but no one wanted any money.
Odd how that happens in Small Town USA.

Gunner

Gunner

Bothwell, Ontario.
Anyone interested can contact me at

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are
so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are
so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry
Brian Lawson

Default What about Mike. was Cheap To A Good Home

Hey Bob,

Dunknow. Somebody else said he (Mike) started to hang out on another
usenet group, but I don't recall which. Or I seem to recall
something on the news recently about a great effort by someone trying
to save a beached whale in some warmer climate, so......... maybe??

And I don't recall that I saw him, or Speff, at NAMES in 2003, but I
did in 2002. They may well have been there though. My legs/knees
are getting so bad that working doing NAMES setup from Wednesday thru
Friday is about all I can take and still be ambulatory, so I left for
lunch about noonish Saturday and didn't get back. I never saw even
one of the lecture/demos either. Besides, by Saturday morning, I've
blown my allowance there, and to stay longer and not buy gives me even
more pain!!

I recall meeting you at Scotts's Friday night supper in 2002 though
(or was it 2001?) . But there are so many now at the table that it's
impossible to get in any good discussion with more than the 4 or 5
people seated closest to you. Maybe we'll do a food fight next time,
or musical chairs, to get everybody up and moving.

I don't know what will happen with me for 2004, as I now live a little
over 2 hours away form the site, which makes it almost an
hour-and-a-half further than in the past, so I wouldn't want to drive
back and forth for the 5 days. But I do like to help, so we'll see,
and maybe get a room.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 14:11:57 GMT, "Bob Swinney"
wrote:

Brian,

What about Mike. Haven't "seen" him here lately. I still regret missing
Mike and yourself at NAMES this year.

Bob Swinney
.. .

wrote:

[...]

Tim Williams

"Roy" wrote in message
Yep, and its still to far for a roadtrip from Alabama...

===It can be seen 60 miles outside Toronto Canada.
===
===Damn..thats a ways from California..right?

*Razzes Gunner and Roy* Wisconsin is much closer!

Meh, still too far. *sob* Although... only 500 miles.

Tim

--
"That's for the courts to decide." - Homer Simpson

Spehro Pefhany

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 15:34:49 -0500, the renowned Brian Lawson
wrote:

And I don't recall that I saw him, or Speff, at NAMES in 2003, but I
did in 2002. They may well have been there though.

I had a conflict with something or other at the time and didn't make
it. I'm pretty sure Mike said he drove down really early for the day.
Missed going, for the first time in about 5 years. I probably should
have made the time and bummed a ride down with him. There were some
photos shown at the September TSME meeting. I have not joined that
group, but probably will- it's not all steam engines (NTTAWWT).

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Peter T. Keillor III

wrote:

And I don't recall that I saw him, or Speff, at NAMES in 2003, but I
did in 2002. They may well have been there though.

I had a conflict with something or other at the time and didn't make
it. I'm pretty sure Mike said he drove down really early for the day.
Missed going, for the first time in about 5 years. I probably should
have made the time and bummed a ride down with him. There were some
photos shown at the September TSME meeting. I have not joined that
group, but probably will- it's not all steam engines (NTTAWWT).

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

I saw Mike there as I was about to leave (first time I met him). He
hasn't spent much time here since the merciless ribbing he took on
account of "Miss Jaime". Whew, that was a lesson. Don't let your
significant other know where you hang out on the net.

Pete Keillor
Gunner

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 15:43:17 -0600, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

"Roy" wrote in message
. ..
Yep, and its still to far for a roadtrip from Alabama...

===It can be seen 60 miles outside Toronto Canada.
===
===Damn..thats a ways from California..right?

*Razzes Gunner and Roy* Wisconsin is much closer!

Meh, still too far. *sob* Although... only 500 miles.

Tim

Chit Tim, thats a single day road trip. Go for it!!

clare @ snyder.on .ca

wrote:

My son brought home an old Miller Big 20 300 Amp portable welder because the
shop he worked at said it was to old and ugly to waste any time or money on
getting it running again.

To make a long story short the old flat head Continental engine runs like a
watch at a nice slow steady 1800 RPM and as a bonus it welds great. The
trailer isn't in very good shape and it needs a new tire and rim.

It can be seen 60 miles outside Toronto Canada.

Anyone interested can contact me at

Would that be in Kitchener? Perhaps was sitting over on Madison Ave?
How much is CHEAP????

Brian Lawson

Hey Speff,

"(NTTAWWT)" ???? What was that you just called me mister?!?!

Brian
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 00:12:26 GMT, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

(NTTAWWT)

Spehro Pefhany

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 08:20:46 -0500, the renowned Brian Lawson
wrote:

Hey Speff,

"(NTTAWWT)" ???? What was that you just called me mister?!?!

Not That There's Anything Wrong With That. ;-)

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Brian Lawson

Default NTTAWWT was What about Mike. was Cheap To A Good Home

Hey Speff,

Thanks. I just couldn't figure it out, and couldn't remember where I
stored the link to the mnemonics-on-the-web list.

Take care.

Brian.

ps...... Mike still hasn't jumped in, has he?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX