Jonathan

Default Cold call from "Space Kitchens" in Nottingham

(Sorry about cross-posting - will explain itself as you read on)
Just got a cold call* from a company calling themselves "Space Kitchens"
from Nottingham.
A couple of things caught my attention:
When they called, they said I'd be chosen for a free kitchen (yeah, right).
But when I expressed an interest, the "adviser" I got put through to said a
refund would come to me IF I was chosen to appear in the magazine.
Did some more digging, found this blog:
http://www.jonmasters.org/wordpress/index.php?p=297
The phone number matches to one shown on this site:
http://www.spacekitchens.co.uk/
would you trust someone who didn't even pay the fiver or whatever to remove
to uk2 banner??
But wait - looking at the frame, it points to:
http://www.featurehomekitchens.co.uk/
which don't have a Nottingham office, but DO have the offer they mentioned.
I googled for them...whats this about? Hundreds and hundreds of subdomains
like
oburn32 whall4 fulford96 etc etc, all pointing to the same place...
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fea...&start=40&sa=N

Also, when I get junk calls on this "call sign" second number, they always
ask for the homeowner - I got callsign at the same time I switched the line
over to me, and yet these people were asking for the previous occupant of
the house, who never had callsign! That's weird - how did the crossover
happen?

Anyway, I WAS actually thinking of getting a kitchen done, so if these
people are much of a muchness, then I might as well take a punt.
They said they'll ring back in an hour (about 30 mins now) so any advice
appreciated, and if it's a "NO!" then what info can I squeeze out of them to
add to the anti-scam blogs?

Thanks!

*(on a line I registered for TPS last week, but I understand the process
takes longer than that, so I'm not complaining about the call, per se!)

John Cartmell

In article ,
Jonathan wrote:
Anyway, I WAS actually thinking of getting a kitchen done, so if these
people are much of a muchness, then I might as well take a punt.

Anyone who accepts such 'offers' has money to burn. It's an interesting way to
throw money away but I'm sure I can make you an equally interesting offer -
just pack the notes in brown paper and post them to ...

erics

"Jonathan" wrote in message
[...]

Never heard of this company, but I would tend not to trust a company that
embarked on cold-calling; a good company will get enough business from
referals without having to resort to this desperate tactic. I would ask
family, friends colleagues if they have any recommendations for a local
company.

Mad Ad

"Jonathan" wrote in message
[...]

Isn't it just a variation of the old 'we'll give a discount if you agree to
show around xyz people' and the people never come, because its just another
vehicle to get you to sign up for their over priced kitchens/upvc windows
that are made with less than desirable specced materials and fitted by
monkeys that barely know how to bang a hammer for their minimum wage.

Ad

Jonathan

I'm going to top post reply to myself because, ooh, it's SO daring!
So they kept calling back, the phone was ringing relentlessly, eventually
thought I should at least answer an give 'em the "no thanks".
"Yes, I've spoken to my wife and she's not happy to have anyone round until
you can fax us the full terms and conditions* of the off...."
click
They didn't even let me finish the sentence before they hung up! A rude
cold-caller...imagine that!!

*I'd asked when they first called if there was some way they could get me
the T&C's of the promotion, and they said no because the consultant would
bring everything with them.

Now the only question remains - should I now netkkkop myself for top posting
a followup to my own post, or should I start a massive sig war with a minor
infraction of sig standard.

--
You decide! Retards - take your positions!

"Jonathan" wrote in message
Also, when I get junk calls on this "call sign" second number, they always
ask for the homeowner - I got callsign at the same time I switched the
line over to me, and yet these people were asking for the previous
occupant of the house, who never had callsign! That's weird - how did the
crossover happen?

John Cartmell

In article ,
Jonathan wrote:
Now the only question remains - should I now netkkkop myself for top posting
a followup to my own post, or should I start a massive sig war with a minor
infraction of sig standard.

Just send us all a payment for saving your time. The 'consultant' wouldn't
have left your house until you had signed away your life - and if you were
stubborn enough that could have taken many hours.

Ian Stirling

In uk.telecom John Cartmell wrote:
In article ,
Jonathan wrote:
Now the only question remains - should I now netkkkop myself for top posting
a followup to my own post, or should I start a massive sig war with a minor
infraction of sig standard.

Just send us all a payment for saving your time. The 'consultant' wouldn't
have left your house until you had signed away your life - and if you were
stubborn enough that could have taken many hours.

OTOH - the consultant gets paid for doing this.
If they spend enough time not making sales, then the companies that
cold call will stop doing it.

John Cartmell wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

Just send us all a payment for saving your time. The 'consultant' wouldn't
have left your house until you had signed away your life - and if you were
stubborn enough that could have taken many hours.

Lol. The double glazing salesman was there from 9am to 1pm trying to
get me to sign up. I did eventually, but not until he'd dropped the
price 5 times and i'd managed to escape their 'bargain' paying by
instalments plan.

Negotiations, I love it ;-)

Cheers

Paul.

Steve

Jonathan wrote:
[...]

Units from IKEA plus a local tradesman was what I did.

Quite a few tradesmen seem to use IKEA anyway.