Tim Blank

Default Soil Pipe Relocation

Hi,
I've brought a flat on the top floor (2nd floor) of a three story block. The
soil pipe for the flats run the though the center of the block, which works
out being in the middle of each bathroom, eventually venting through the
(my) roof.

Is there anything in the building regulations stopping me from cutting the
pipe as it enters my property, putting a 90degree bend followed by a 600mm
straight and then another 90degree bend which will mean the soil pipe will
now be in the corner of my bathroom as apposed to the center. I would then
join the soil pipe in the loft to the existing one. My wc would be the last
one connected to the pipe and would be teed from the 60mm straight

If you imagine it currently looks like this:

| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

And would end up looking like this:

| |
_______| |
| |
| _______|
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |_______
| |
|_______ |
| |
| |

Obviously this would also depend on permission from the freeholder!

Thanks for your time.

Tim

waste pipe into soil pipe? [email protected] UK diy 3 July 26th 05 11:13 AM
Soil pipe repair Lobster UK diy 13 June 9th 05 04:22 PM
Sealant for PVC waste to cast iron soil pipe Vaci UK diy 3 March 12th 05 07:29 PM
Any soil pipe experts? Pecanfan UK diy 15 January 21st 05 03:09 PM
Soil pipe connection Neil D. UK diy 2 September 15th 03 11:11 PM