Default So how do Building Inspectors work then?!

Started our extension last November, paid our =A3240 to Birmingham CC
and while the foundations were being dug, the BI came onsite.

Fast forward to July and I get a letter teling me that the BI hasnt
been back onsite since, and asking when he can come and have a look at
drainage, steels, etc.

He tells me that I should have been calling him up to arrange the
onsite visits, but there was no such instruction on the original
paperwork, and as he attended with no invite on the first occasion, I
assumed that he would simply attend when he needed to.

His wanting to see the drainage now is a bit of a pain, as it's all
been paved over.

Do I just have to pay the money to have th edrainage exposed and paved
over a seond time, or do you think that he has contributed to this
problem?

Cheers

Rob