Junior Member

Default Water damaged ceiling - brown marks

Does anybody know how to paint over the marks left by a water drip on a ceiling? I've been told to paint it silver first and then white....is this a known technique?

Thanks.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gioconda
Does anybody know how to paint over the marks left by a water drip on a ceiling? I've been told to paint it silver first and then white....is this a known technique?

Thanks.

Hi you can get some stain block, I think it is made by polycell!

Ensure the plaster is completely dry and paint stain block on, it should stop the stain from showing through. It worked on my walls when the shower was leaking! Then paint over the stain block( once it has dried) with your chosen paint.

Good luck
Set Square

weekendwarrior wrote:

Gioconda Wrote:
Does anybody know how to paint over the marks left by a water drip
on a ceiling? I've been told to paint it silver first and then
white....is this a known technique?

Thanks.

Hi you can get some stain block, I think it is made by polycell!

Ensure the plaster is completely dry and paint stain block on, it
should stop the stain from showing through. It worked on my walls when
the shower was leaking! Then paint over the stain block( once it has
dried) with your chosen paint.

Good luck

Or any oil-based paint works just as well. I use white oil-based undercoat,
and then finish with emulsion when dry.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

zaax

weekendwarrior wrote:

Gioconda Wrote:
Does anybody know how to paint over the marks left by a water drip
on a ceiling? I've been told to paint it silver first and then
white....is this a known technique?

Thanks.

Hi you can get some stain block, I think it is made by polycell!

Ensure the plaster is completely dry and paint stain block on, it
should stop the stain from showing through. It worked on my walls when
the shower was leaking! Then paint over the stain block( once it has
dried) with your chosen paint.

Good luck

Surely if it's staining after re-painting with emulsion it's still wet

zaax
Set Square

zaax wrote:

weekendwarrior wrote:

Gioconda Wrote:
Does anybody know how to paint over the marks left by a water drip
on a ceiling? I've been told to paint it silver first and then
white....is this a known technique?

Thanks.

Hi you can get some stain block, I think it is made by polycell!

Ensure the plaster is completely dry and paint stain block on, it
should stop the stain from showing through. It worked on my walls
when the shower was leaking! Then paint over the stain block( once
it has dried) with your chosen paint.

Good luck

Surely if it's staining after re-painting with emulsion it's still wet

--

No. Stain will show through emulsion - long after the leak has been cured -
if not blocked with oil paint or stain block.

Hot water recirculation [email protected] Home Repair 18 August 9th 04 05:32 AM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 09:59 PM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 28th 03 11:59 PM