Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
IMM

Default Cylinder v thermal store

"Chris Harris" wrote in message
I've been looking at the options for re-plumbing my place and have been
looking at the Telford products. I want to do a mains pressure system but
I'm a bit confused about the difference between the Tornado Unvented
Cylinders and the Tristor in the TSS configuration.

What are the effective differences between the two systems, seem very
similar to me? and what are the advantages and disadvantages.

Heating will be by oil fired boiler. probably a Danesmoor (spelling?).

The house is four bed, two bath, two story. approx 11m square (approx

240m2)
with 2.8m ceilings downstairs, normal 2.4 upstairs.

Chris

The Tristor is a solar thermal store. This is quite different to the
Tornado unvented cylinder. It uses mains pressure water for the whole
house, but the operation is fundamentally different to an unvented cylinder.
An unvented cylinder cannot be DIYed, a thermal store can.

---