Jeremy Collins

Default Mounting a yard...

Hi all,

SWMBO & I were given a rather nice Dartington Crystal yard of ale
as a wedding gift. It's been a long while since I saw one hanging
in a pub, so I'm not really sure of the best way to hang it on a
wall for display.

Anyone got tips for how to do it properly?

Cheers,

--
jc

Remove the -not from email
Phil

Two Terry clips - allows quick dismounting for use!

Jeremy Collins

Phil wrote:
Two Terry clips - allows quick dismounting for use!

Oh, I want quick dismounting alright! Do you think Terry clips
would be strong enough? If I'm thinking of the right thing,
they tend to be stamped out of pretty thin metal...?

We're talking about 1m and 1.5kg of glass here after all!

--
jc

Remove the -not from email
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Jeremy Collins writes:
Phil wrote:
Two Terry clips - allows quick dismounting for use!

Oh, I want quick dismounting alright! Do you think Terry clips
would be strong enough? If I'm thinking of the right thing,
they tend to be stamped out of pretty thin metal...?

We're talking about 1m and 1.5kg of glass here after all!

You'll also find Dartington glass is quite soft and
probably easily scratched by any metal clips.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Dave Jones

"Jeremy Collins" wrote in message
Hi all,

SWMBO & I were given a rather nice Dartington Crystal yard of ale
as a wedding gift. It's been a long while since I saw one hanging
in a pub, so I'm not really sure of the best way to hang it on a
wall for display.

Anyone got tips for how to do it properly?

Cheers,

--
jc

Remove the -not from email

2 hooks, with small lengths of chain as a cradle.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Jeremy Collins wrote:
Two Terry clips - allows quick dismounting for use!

Oh, I want quick dismounting alright! Do you think Terry clips
would be strong enough? If I'm thinking of the right thing,
they tend to be stamped out of pretty thin metal...?

Plenty strong as they're made out of spring steel.

We're talking about 1m and 1.5kg of glass here after all!

Just make sure what you fix them to/how you do it is strong enough.

--
*That's it! I‘m calling grandma!

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Septic vent in yard - new odor JohnW Home Ownership 3 July 4th 05 10:31 PM
Can HOA take away my yard? Bean Home Ownership 62 June 21st 05 05:46 AM
flattening yard Steve K Home Repair 7 June 18th 05 10:09 AM
Advice to keep cars from sliding into my yard on bad curve. Don Metalworking 148 November 30th 04 07:45 PM
Mounting motor and gearbox on old mill... jtaylor Metalworking 1 June 21st 04 11:33 PM